Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 11-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Default Skyrim

Anyone else completely losing their mind waiting for Skyrim?

I feel like im 6 years old again waiting for Santa Claus.

My wife is going to be the biggest problem when it arrives. She is gunna try and wake up before me to start playing, I just know it.
Yea I am lucky enough to be married to a beautiful hardcore gamer. It was actually how we began hanging out. I own a 64" HD tv and she started asking to come over to play games with me.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:46 PM
WkimWes
Sarnak

Yeah can't wait either. My wife use to play games, but not anymore. My biggest hurdle, wife and kids to find time to play. lol
Old 11-04-2011, 10:52 PM
revloc02c
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Criimson View Post
My wife is going to be the biggest problem when it arrives. She is gunna try and wake up before me to start playing, I just know it.
Yea I am lucky enough to be married to a beautiful hardcore gamer. It was actually how we began hanging out. I own a 64" HD tv and she started asking to come over to play games with me.
Nice. Right after I got married ten years ago was when I was playing EQ so I had to beef up my wife's laptop RAM so she could play with me. She was the ultimate ninja looter, lol, and she never did it maliciously (if that's possible) she just couldn't stand not having a look...and then not having a take. Ruined a cleric epic quest once in our guild for an item she couldn't even use, hehe, good times. It was like she was a perpetual noob because she was only there to play with me, kill stuff, and loot and not learn any sort of the protocol, lore, nuances, or quests.

Anyway, Skyrim looks so awesome...but I played Morrowind and was only whelmed by it--kinda turned me off to the series (sorry if I am peeing in the cheerios). Let us know how it is when you get it, I could go for a shiny new game right now.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:16 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, it is been a while since I have bought a new game. I am definitely getting Skyrim and will be getting the new Batman as well, both for PS3. After those 2, I can't think of any others I want except for my most anticipated game, Diablo III
Old 11-04-2011, 11:18 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Been wanting to play Skyrim since I first saw it previewed. Thank goodness the wait is almost over. Keep hoping the rumors about an early release are true. Only downside for us pc gamers is the lack of full dx11 support. Dern consoles and their weak gpu's.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Yea and the lack of RAM on consoles. Still I play games on consoles when I can. Once I got used to the controller it made me lazy.

Played Sacred 2 on console then tried to play on PC and just couldn't do it. Something about laying on the couch looking at the tv just feels right now.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by revloc02c View Post
Nice. Right after I got married ten years ago was when I was playing EQ so I had to beef up my wife's laptop RAM so she could play with me. She was the ultimate ninja looter, lol, and she never did it maliciously (if that's possible) she just couldn't stand not having a look...and then not having a take. Ruined a cleric epic quest once in our guild for an item she couldn't even use, hehe, good times. It was like she was a perpetual noob because she was only there to play with me, kill stuff, and loot and not learn any sort of the protocol, lore, nuances, or quests.
I had a friend that played like that. Just decided to duo with him when he played. Not worth making him feel bad for not understanding MMO ethics.
Quote:

Anyway, Skyrim looks so awesome...but I played Morrowind and was only whelmed by it--kinda turned me off to the series (sorry if I am peeing in the cheerios). Let us know how it is when you get it, I could go for a shiny new game right now.
Morrowind was the game that got me into the series. Was the first game I played that allowed me to live a character like I wanted. Joining factions and kind of living in a world. Oblivion was ok but felt more like a rehash of Morrowind to me. Now, Fallout 3 ( I played since Wasteland on my C64) and Fallout New Vegas are the games that have me wanting to give Bethseda money. Seems they are learning to create worlds better now, even if Obsidion did create F:NV. Seems Bethseda isnt too high and mighty to learn from others (read, perks in Skyrim).

Criimson
Old 11-04-2011, 11:32 PM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, I spend enough time at my PC at work and at home. It is nice to take a break and relax on the couch with a simple controller to use
Old 11-09-2011, 03:03 AM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

For anyone who might be interested the Skyrim predownload on Steam became available last night. Download size is 5.71GB.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:33 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Also there are two gaming sites that are going to stream gameplay (one for 4 hours one for 12 hours) tomorrow once the media hold is lifted.

Personally, I am going to do my best to avoid any spoilers, but as the game is approaching it is getting harder.

Criimson

Kind of hard to find the links as someone leaked a stream of their gameplay from Russia and most links are that atm.

EDIT:

For those that, like me, enjoy info without spoilers here are a couple good links.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/ -------------scroll down a bit to the Skyrim info.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Perks ---------semi spoilers (i guess) a good page to envision your character
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

The wait is almost over.

Skyrim unlock time for Steam confirmed

Code:
http://gotgame.com/2011/11/09/skyrim-unlock-time-for-steam-confirmed/