Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development: Custom Code

Development: Custom Code This is for code thatdoes not emulate live and wont be added to the official code.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:11 PM
The Crucial One
Fire Beetle

Default Custom Stat effects

I was wondering if anyone has some custom stat code they are willing to share i know there was a few releases in the past but i cant seem to find a active link and would not like to re-invent the wheel per say =)

Thanks for your time,
Crucialone
Old 11-20-2015, 10:17 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Crucial One View Post
I was wondering if anyone has some custom stat code they are willing to share i know there was a few releases in the past but i cant seem to find a active link and would not like to re-invent the wheel per say =)

Thanks for your time,
Crucialone
"Custom stat code" is vague. Be specific of what you're looking for (specifically which stats, if all, then say all) and under what condition(s).
Old 11-21-2015, 01:54 AM
The Crucial One
Fire Beetle

to be honest ill take anything I'm not a big C## person i can edit code but im a total noob when it comes to how to go about it, last time i tried i caused a memory leak and my server was crashing every 10minutes lol but if you would like to know what exactly im after i can list it below...

strength - melee damage modifier
stam - HP/AC mod
dex - melee crit modifier
agi - avoidance
int - caster damage modifer
wis - mana pool size
cha - pet focus %
Old 11-21-2015, 02:13 AM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

There isn't any kind of standard, shareable thing to do for this. It's basically just
1) Find the code for the mechanic you want to be affected by a stat
2) Shove a stat check in there with appropriate math to make it scale in the way you want

It's pretty open-ended. And if you have any interest in keeping things balanced, you'd probably want to do little tweaks here and there to offset the new stat effects you add. Unlikely that someone else's code would have it just how you'd like it.

As far as having max HP or mana scale with a stat: the client does its own calculations for the displayed HP and mana values. You can't just change how they are calculated on the server without desynchronizing from the values the client believes it has (unless you do something really hacky like shoving the extra amount onto the packet for an item the client has equipped). Would need to go about it another way, like damage and mana cost reduction.