Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:37 AM
The Crucial One
Fire Beetle

Default Db_dump lock tables error

So i just switched over from akka's repack to my own compiled code and now i find that both Akka's updater and DB_dump are giving errors due to lock tables....

mysqldump: Got error:1449: The user specified as a definer ('root'@'::1') does not exist when using LOCK TABLES

and when i remove LOCK TABLES privilage i get

mysqldump: Got Error: 1044: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' to database 'peq' when using LOCK TABLES

I have no idea what happened in my process to switch things over but it went from working to not working.... i have done some reading and checked to make sure that my path is set to my mysql bin folder and such but still cant figure this out...

Thanks for your help
The Crucialone
Old 03-19-2016, 01:15 PM
The Crucial One
Fire Beetle

Sorry to bother yall but finally found the issue it was my
vwmercnpctypes table
for some reason it had locked itself even tho it has nothing in the table.....
Old 03-19-2016, 10:28 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

mysqldump is trying to lock tables and is failing due to an authentication issue of some sort. Try appending
Code:
--lock-tables=false
on the command, it may be a sign of a bigger issue but locking isn't manditory for a backup (and can cause ill side effects anyways, you should either shut down the server for safe backing up or not let the backup lock the db since you can get potential partial/corrupted pivot entries in db if the live server tries to e.g. back up character_data, fails due to table lock on backup call, but then backs up to character_spells and succeeds, you now have half-assed data entry.)

Another reason is if a script or task tries to lock a table and doesn't unlock it, it'll get stuck, you can manually unlock it if you know the table, or if lazy do a a mysql reboot to fix it.

If skipping the locking of tables does not repair things, some times if a db gets corrupted and needs to be repaired you can get odd lock messages, too, so a safe restart of the mysql instance and watching the logs could give signs of other symptoms not obvious. (You should be watching logs anyways to learn about the health of your DB)

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 03-19-2016 at 10:34 PM..