Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 04-11-2021, 06:38 AM
Trovalor
Fire Beetle

Default Modded spell (buff) effects not working

I'm having an issue trying to figure out why some of the spells I've modded have not had any effect in game.

For example, I modded Courage to increase the max HP given from 10 to 100, the AC up to 20, and the duration up to 1 hour. In game, I see the buff icon indicating the duration change, but it's only granting 20 hp and 4 AC. It seems to be using default values.

I have the same issue with Yaulp. I tried to add a melee haste effect and increased the stats, none of these take effect on the client. Even more bizarre, I increase the duration to 3 min, however even though I still have the buff icon, I can see the stats drop to normal levels after 24 sec.

I've had no issue adding a damage component to Cease, so I'm at a loss what I could be doing wrong with the Buffs, am I somehow missing a step that's causing the Client not to reflect what's on the server?

Any help is appreciated!
Old 04-11-2021, 09:07 PM
Trovalor
Fire Beetle

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. The spells_us.txt file wasn't properly updated on the client side.