Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-16-2023, 12:34 PM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkayah View Post
Have you ever wanted to command an army in EQ--without having to run 72 clients? If so, Karana may be the place for you!

Honestly, it's a very different way to play EQ. Even if you've played on "Solo" Emu servers, you've probably never played quite like this. And if one army (1PC+23bots) is not enough, 2-boxing lets you run 2PC+46!!bots. Recent additions by the bot team allows all bots to be organized using the raid window.

With MQ2 allowed (but not required) warping around and managing 2+46 becomes easier than it seems--and definitely simpler than boxing 48 clients .

No matter what's your favorite part of EQ, there's a good chance you'll find it somewhere along the way on Karana. Classic zones and new ones, free starter gear to get you started, farmable epics (1.0, 1.5, 2.0) or quested (3.0, 3.5), tasks for items and/or vendor currency, rare loot from camping nameds and randomly while out clearing trash...Karana has so much to experience.

So yeah...if you're looking for a new way to play this 25 year old game, you should come give Karana a shot! Bring your patience while you get your bots set up initially, and don't be afraid to ask for help! We'll get you up and killing in no time!
Questions:
1. How do you get your bots to stand still for that pic?
2. Suppose 1 group is 5 pax, how do you box multiple groups of bots? Create a raid?
3. Thanks
Old 05-16-2023, 07:21 PM
Moghedan
Fire Beetle

Server down?
Old 05-19-2023, 12:20 PM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moghedan View Post
Server down?
works for me
Old 05-19-2023, 10:57 PM
lymontyme
Sarnak

If it's that "unknown error" bug, lately I've been getting that too. Has something to do with the general login server, not this particular one (Karana). Just play the Kim Kardashian phone game for a few minutes, then try again

Edit: No you were right, per Karana Discord they were actually down for a bit. Back up now. I have to say, this is an insanely fun server. Wide variety of zones to explore, and lots of surprises.
Old 05-20-2023, 08:37 AM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

Has anyone managed to raid stuff like Avatar of War with a raid full of bots? Just wondering how you could orchestrate the heal chain.
Also gearing seems to be an issue too. I'm at 40+ but my party keeps running low on mana since I'm still using McShit gear. lol
Old 05-20-2023, 12:56 PM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

New questions:
1. I noticed the mages in my group just watch while their pets attack. How do i make them cast DD spells?
2. Tried raiding - does anyone know how we can get the bots to create their own groups / party up within the raid?
Thanks.

Tags
karana, monkish, new server