Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 05-30-2021, 12:47 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

Question Question about pet spells

so i am working to give druids a pet from level 1 and then every 10th level until 65 at which every 5 levels.

i found an archive post from 2004 that talks about if you use a model that isn't a standard pet model or player character race model you would have to add that model to each zone ( link to the thread http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13328 )

but i came up with a walk around and wanted to know if any one has tried this as i cant seem to get any model to show up and am still working to get a pet at all to show up. the thought i had was that if a "standard" model replaces it when that model isn't in zone why not have it be just that, and add an illusion spell to the pet to make it appear as if its any illusion you wish. is this possible? are all the illusions that are useable in a zone also in all zone list. sorry i haven't tried the zone modding yet so i don't know exactly where to look in the zone list.

so the is it possible is my question and if any one has tried how did it work?

thanks for any info.
Old 06-06-2021, 06:42 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

see this first - it explains how to load specific models into zones

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ghlight=models

PS. to "illusion" something you need that model graphics loaded into the zone still
Old 06-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

i get that, no doubt but, aren't all illusions loaded into the zones? I mean at least the enchanter ones and other player useable ones.
Old 06-06-2021, 02:55 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

ok basically there are globally loaded models and there are locally (zone specific) loaded models.
All players races, all default pets, mounts and illusions - they all loaded globally. So all of these are always available, given your global load file is properly set up. What exactly IS in your global load may also depend on which client you are using. For example RoF2 client have a few dozen models that always loaded even if they not exclusively listed on global load file.

Any model you want to use that is not part of global load - needs to be added.