Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-03-2023, 12:08 PM
Lozon
Fire Beetle

Default One of the best Emu servers I've ever played on

Being an old school player, I never got past Velious and always went back to TLP Live just to relive the classic era.

I've been looking for an TLP style Emu server for a long time. I do not have the time to do 50 men + raids anymore and really wanted to experience more expansions but at my own pace. I was so happy when I read about this server however it really it hooked me in when I started playing.

Not only was the community amazing and helpful in every way, but they make you feel at home. My buddy Cork and I have been playing on this server for about 2 months now and we cannot get enough. Playing almost every day just to work on AA or Best in Slot gear just so we can try and 6-man Sleeps tomb or Emp in SSRA.

We all have those memories from EverQuest that just stayed with us over the years and I am very happy to share a new one that was made on this server.

Cork and I (Lozz) where down in sleepers tomb about to kill the 4 warders and we had the whole server rooting for us and even offering help. we really wanted to test our self's and our group setup, when we finally killed all 4 Warders just his 3 toons and my 3 toons it was an amazing feeling of accomplishment. One of those old school EQ memories I will never forget and it all happened here on Retribution.

Thank you
Lozz
Old 05-04-2023, 06:49 AM
Kutark Validus
Fire Beetle

I know im a little late to the game here, but i just wanted to say, this server reignited my passion for EQ, and also taught me that "custom" servers weren't the festering dumpster fires i always assumed they would be!

I think Aeventh has some amazing ideas as well as the community on how to create our own progression past POP, and im excited to see what that will bring!
Old 05-18-2023, 09:17 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Greetings friends!

To celebrate our 6 months anniversary, Retribution will be launching it's first fabled raid encounter, tomorrow night at 9PM EST! The server will come down at 8:30PM in preparation for this launch and some other important changes (details below)!

To access this raid, each player will need to defeat Quarm AFTER the server comes back up. It's gonna be *hot*.

Additionally, after collecting feedback from new players and veteran players alike over the course of the last six months, some big decisions have been made in terms of gear balance. Beginning tomorrow, Rose Colored gear will now receive 50% of the spell power of its Apocryphal counterpart.

This change should smooth the power curve for the individual player at each tier and generally make the experience before BiS a more enjoyable one.

Furthermore, we have come to the understanding that Wisdom casters/hybrids are at a large disadvantage at different points throughout expansion progression due to itemization and the lack of spell power on Wisdom gear. While MOST spell power will still come from Intelligence, ANY piece of gear that DOES NOT already have a spell power bonus from Intelligence will now receive spell power at 50% the rate from Wisdom.

This change further smooths the power curve across multiple expansions in a great way without adding to end game power creep due to hard caps on total spell power.

We hope that you will join us in cheering on our heroes as they adventure into new, Fabled encounters.

Prospective new player note: there is currently a 25% server wide exp bonus active now through the end of the month!
Old 09-04-2023, 08:36 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

With our recent stream of new players it seems like now is a great time to make an update!

Since my last post, we've:

- Steadily climbed to 147 average players online.
- Migrated to an even faster server (incredibly fast zone times).
- Implemented a slew of bug fixes and changes based on player feedback (see Discord).
- Continued with class balance passes and play throughs focused on new player UX.
- Brought on a new and talented Dev
- Maintained a 100% uptime for over a month for the first time.

And are currently amidst a 25% server wide exp bonus (that runs until the 17th).

If you haven't checked us out yet, we also recently updated our FAQ based on new player feedback.

If you have any questions, feel free to hit us up in Discord <3
Old 11-12-2023, 08:42 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Greetings adventurers!

Before I tell you all about some fun things we have in store to celebrate our one year anniversary, I just wanted to thank you all for being a part of this wonderful community.

Every suggestion, every bug report, every donation, every kind word and helping hand has helped make Retribution what it is today- and I am incredibly proud.

Here are the patch notes that went live approximately 30 minutes ago:

- Many misc quest and bug fixes (details found in Discord).
- Many NPC visual overhauls/polish.
- Droga and Nurga are finally populated again! Classic spawns and drops for Droga and Nurga should be active once again.
- The Purveyor of Glamour has come to the Bazaar! Turn *any* weapon or shield into an ornament that looks exactly like it! Please note: converting an item to an ornament WILL eat the item.
- The bazaar translocation map has a few new locations: Everfrost, Field of Bone, Scarlet Desert, and Western Wastes.
- More classic items are now available, like the legendary Box of Abu-Kar!
- A Fading Ally has appeared in the bazaar giving clues as to the phased event that begins today!

Additionally, a 25% exp bonus is now in effect!

If you haven't checked out Retribution yet, now is a great time
Old 11-18-2023, 08:28 PM
cronik78
Fire Beetle

Default Easy to recommend this one!

Chiming in to say I've had an absolute blast playing here for the last few months. It's hard to find a private EQ shard that balances challenge with light custom changes, and I think this one does that.

Progression feels like it goes at a good pace, with some QOL and capability to buy out-of-era gear from other players if you want it, and otherwise you get a solid feeling of re-visiting old zones (and trying some you might have missed) without speeding through them in 30mins. Another nice feature is DZs everywhere important, so if there's a boss you want to kill you can fire up your own zone of it.

Most of all, it's the community I love. There's a LOT of helpful people, always shouting out and offering a hand with progression, or simply advice.

Very easy recommend, and an absolutely lovely experience all around with both staff and other players!
-Sodapopinski
Old 11-29-2023, 01:34 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Thank you Sodapopin!

Up until this point, PoP has been the final expansion available on Retribution.

We have worked quite hard to address all bugs and suggestions, and to this point feel very good about the state of play. Recently, we have been working on providing players with new events and more importantly, access to more content.

If you haven't given Retribution a try, now is a great time. If you already came and conquered Quarm and moved on, now is also a great time to return. With aims set on new years launch- GoD will be coming to Retribution.

We look forward to partnering with our playerbase to tweak the many encounters just enough to be challenging (not impossible) for a 6 man team.

GoD will bring with it a level cap increase to level 70, as that was the originally intended level for the content and lends itself to the expectation of 6 man viability.

Additionally, our players have almost reached the next phase of our Froglok unlock event, and with that- another fabled raid encounter.

Be well, adventurers!
Old 11-29-2023, 04:33 PM
fanliorel
Fire Beetle

This is exciting news, can't wait for the new expac!!

There are already plenty of good reviews here in this thread, but I can't help but add my own. Me and a buddy joined about 3 months ago, and wow, it's been incredibly fun. It's just as addicting as original EQ, because it really is the same thing, just tuned for people who can't put in the time to make all those weekly raids, etc. With just us 2 (full group of 6 toons) we've been steadily progressing, even when we have weeks where we barely have time to get online. The content has been challenging each step of the way (well, classic/kunark dragons are super easy, but after that), and we've had to gear/AA up and rethink strategy a couple times to get past a roadblock or two. Felt glorious to beat Emp at level 60 with 1 group - what a fight!

You can do a lot of things alone (especially exping), but I recommend a partner if you've got someone in your life you can convince to play for the raid content as you progress. However, there are plenty of cool people here who will help you out if you need a hand.

Thanks again to the team, looking forward to GoD....especially because it gives me hope that one of my all time fav expansions OOW might be coming down the pike someday (too soon? )
-Elbie
Old 12-30-2023, 07:26 PM
Aeventh
Fire Beetle

Hey thanks, Elbie!

Good evening friends!

I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all their support and am happy to announce that GoD will be launching on Retribution on Monday, January 1st at 6PM EST.

There are bound to be some kinks to work out, but it's going to be a ton of fun.

Today also marks the first day of Server Wide buffs and an all new buff NPC in Bazaar (that will provide buffs for free for new players through level 20). It's a great time to roll up a character and see what the server is all about!

I hope you all have a very Happy New Years!

Tags
launch, loot, progression, retribution, server