Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-02-2023, 08:52 PM
thefusz
Sarnak

Arrow Official Reboot! Project Gate

ProjectGate was originally launched and we did a bunch of fixing, editing and testing. We have officially finished and it is now up as a clean slate. I’ll list a few of the details below, and we are going to start posting everything on our discord for changes and everything we have going on. If you love Velious check us out!

Project Gate is a legit Velious era server!

—QoL changes—
<li>Food/Drink usage </li>
<li>Regeneration times </li>
<li>Server Wide OOC </li>
<li>Alternating Hotzones </li>
<li>Firepots are active! </li>
<li>Everything with over a 24 hour respawn timer has been changed to 4 hours! (With a variance) </li>

—Extra’s—
<li>Some out of era Spells have been introduced but only dropping from top tier raid content! Check discord for full list!</li>
<li>We have added some items to Shady in EC Tunnels to give you more to grind plat for! (Armor Dyes, Bags, etc.) </li>
<li>Low grade Augs are in and dropping! </li>
<li>Monthly Events</li>
<li>6 box limit </li>
<li>Primary equippable Wurmslayer, ranged slot equippable rogue epic, and a few other small item changes!</li>
<li>Nostalgic items are in and dropping including Original DE mask + Manastone pre-nerf Wurmslayer, pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows, Rubicite armor and more! </li>

—General—
This server was created by some old school EQ players that wanted a legit classic feel in Velious. We have dedicated countless hours on making this server fit our version of a perfect ‘Velious era playground.’ We do allow 6-boxing and a basic build of mq2. (No automation, no kissassist, no e3, warp, GK, etc). ISBoxer is also allowed. Most raid content can be done with 2-4 groups. We have made some changes to allow casters to be more viable dps so there is no need to run melee trains unless that’s just what your into! Our vision is to have a medium paced leveling experience, this is not an ‘ez’ server, but you also don’t have to set your life to the side to get to top end. Hell levels are in so you may find yourself grinding a little longer on those. Very few things have been altered to be ‘custom’ this is 99% classic legit Velious. Check out our discord channel for specific details, we are going to transfer our changes over to it.
<li>All epic quests working properly! </li>
<li>Druids and Wizards still port you [No Translocators/hubs] </li>
<li>Holiday events! </li>

Undergoing continuous updates ~
Old 05-05-2023, 12:06 AM
suljak
Fire Beetle

Great group of people to play with! Server has low population for now but will grow in time. Have played there for a while before the reboot and had a blast!
Old 05-05-2023, 11:56 AM
swootton
Fire Beetle

I have played on this server since its first rebirth and let me say something the staff are super dedicated they work on it all the time and are helpfull for any questions you may I really enjoy playing on the server it is a low pop server but its a blast!!
Old 06-14-2023, 12:01 PM
miranda324
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by swootton View Post
I have played on this server since its first rebirth and let me say something the lego 2k drive staff are super dedicated they work on it all the time and are helpfull for any questions you may I really enjoy playing on the server it is a low pop server but its a blast!!
Me too, I always have a good experience playing on the server
Old 07-14-2023, 12:20 AM
RosaParks
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefusz View Post
ProjectGate was originally launched and we did a bunch of fixing, editing and testing. We have officially finished and it is now up as a clean slate. I’ll list a few of the details below, and we are going to start posting everything on our discord for changes and everything we have going on. If you love Velious check us out!

Project Gate is a legit Velious era server!

—QoL changes—
<li>Food/Drink usage </li>
<li>Regeneration times </li>
<li>Server Wide OOC </li>
<li>Alternating Hotzones </li>
<li>Firepots are active! </li>
<li>Everything with over a 24 hour respawn timer has been changed to 4 hours! (With a variance) </li>

—Extra’s—
<li>Some out of era Spells have been introduced but only dropping from top tier raid content! Check discord for full list!</li>
<li>We have added some items to Shady in EC Tunnels to give you more to grind plat for! (roller baller, Bags, etc.) </li>
<li>Low grade Augs are in and dropping! </li>
<li>Monthly Events</li>
<li>6 box limit </li>
<li>Primary equippable Wurmslayer, ranged slot equippable rogue epic, and a few other small item changes!</li>
<li>Nostalgic items are in and dropping including Original DE mask + Manastone pre-nerf Wurmslayer, pre-nerf Circlet of Shadows, Rubicite armor and more! </li>

—General—
This server was created by some old school EQ players that wanted a legit classic feel in Velious. We have dedicated countless hours on making this server fit our version of a perfect ‘Velious era playground.’ We do allow 6-boxing and a basic build of mq2. (No automation, no kissassist, no e3, warp, GK, etc). ISBoxer is also allowed. Most raid content can be done with 2-4 groups. We have made some changes to allow casters to be more viable dps so there is no need to run melee trains unless that’s just what your into! Our vision is to have a medium paced leveling experience, this is not an ‘ez’ server, but you also don’t have to set your life to the side to get to top end. Hell levels are in so you may find yourself grinding a little longer on those. Very few things have been altered to be ‘custom’ this is 99% classic legit Velious. Check out our discord channel for specific details, we are going to transfer our changes over to it.
<li>All epic quests working properly! </li>
<li>Druids and Wizards still port you [No Translocators/hubs] </li>
<li>Holiday events! </li>

Undergoing continuous updates ~
What a fun bunch of folks to get to know and play with! The server only has a small population at the moment, but it will change over time. Have spent some time playing there before to the revamp, and it was a lot of fun each time!

Tags
box, classic, kunark, legit, velious