Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Plugins & Mods

Quests::Plugins & Mods Completed plugins for public use as well as modifications.

Old 11-18-2021, 03:59 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Need return_items.pl Plugin

I just found a quest that calls for return_items plugin and after looking and searching, discovered the plugin is not present in any of the quests or plugins folders. I also looked in the git plugins repo and return_items plugin is not there either.

This is the Doran Vargnus quest where you turn in a knight card and get a random armor item back. He takes the card, says here what you get, or something like that, but nothing shows up. My guess is it's the missing plugin.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Either the plugin or a replacement quest that still does the same thing without the plugin?
Old 11-18-2021, 01:14 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

https://github.com/ProjectEQ/project..._handin.pl#L21
Old 11-18-2021, 05:16 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I get it. This check_handin (which is already in the plugins folder) contains the return_items script. That said, it does not appear to be working. I'll keep testing. Probably restart the server, to make sure it's not something hardware related.

Followup - I just shut down and restarted the server, double-checked that the check_handin.pl script is the same, and then checked the quest again. I have a backpack full of knight cards (item 13995 I think). When I give Doran the knight card, he says something like "Thank you - here is your reward." He actually gives you nothing. I am not carrying any blackend alloy or blackend iron. I do the hand in numerous times and he never returns anything.

This is the code for Doran_Vargnus.pl
Code:
sub EVENT_ITEM {
  if (plugin::check_handin(\%itemcount, 13995 =>1 )) {
    quest::say("Thank you, here is your reward.");
    quest::ChooseRandom(3301,3048,3042,3050,3044,20809,7012,3103,3111,3110,7015);
  }
  plugin::return_items(\%itemcount);
}
Old 11-18-2021, 07:03 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Your plugins folder located inside the quests folder? If so move it to base server folder... other than that no idea unless you show more info.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:46 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Just to be thorough, I copied the plugin from the Quests/plugins folder to the server folder AND the server/plugins folder. I then did a #reloadqst and tried the turnins again. No change. He says the usual, "Thank you, here is your reward." with nothing returned on person on pointer or in inventory.

What more information do you need? No changes to this quest has been made. It is the original one from an earlier version of AKKA's server install package a while back. I/we don't change plugins or any other code for that matter, without thorough understanding of what's being done, what the repercussions are and heavy testing. I was informed of this issue yesterday and am trying to identify why it doesn't work. I am unaware of other quests that work like this, but have not found or identified any others that are not working at this time.

What information do you need? I provided the short quest. You provided me with the latest version of check_handin.pl. which I copied and pasted, then compared with the one that was there, and it was identical. I am not receiving any errors on it and the logs are not providing any useful information either.
Old 11-20-2021, 04:29 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

There is a bug in the quest code. The fixed code works as it's supposed to. It returns the item that was chosen in the chooserandom statement...

This is the code (and fix) for the Doran Vargnus quest (Doran_Vargnus.pl)

original code:
Code:
sub EVENT_ITEM {
    quest::ChooseRandom(3301,3048,3042,3050,3044,20809,7012,3103,3111,3110,7015);
  }
}
Fixed code:
Code:
sub EVENT_ITEM {
    quest::summonitem(quest::ChooseRandom(3301,3048,3042,3050,3044,20809,7012,3103,3111,3110,7015));
  }
}