Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-14-2021, 06:21 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Login Serve - Connecting from Different computer than what the server is installed on

I have installed a test server on my local LAN, and started it up with the login Server. This works when running a client from the same physical box. My question is settings are required to get this login server to work from any other computer client on that same network? When the client is loaded with the eqhost file changed to the ipaddress of the client, the server screen is displayed and I can select it. When I launch, I get a black screen and then eventually a timeout (with the old message saying to update)...

I know you have to set the eqhosts file to something like (and comment out the others):

Host=192.168.1.92:5999

Is there anything that needs done to the login.json and/or eqemu_config.json files? Again, my goal is to be able to log in to a local test server via the mini login, from a machine separate from the one the server is running from.

My server rack is based on a large 64 core supermicro blade server with virtually no graphical capability and no sound, so running a client directly from it is not going to happen...
Old 11-14-2021, 06:51 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Nevermind! Figured it out. The address lines in the eqemu config json field were the ones I needed to add. I can log in to the server from the same network now.
Old 11-15-2021, 10:59 AM
joedit
Fire Beetle

I have done something similar in the past (1 login server + game server, separate game server pointing to the first login server) and it worked. Seeing multiple servers in the server selection screen is cool :P. However, when I eventually decommissioned the first server (the one with login server) and enabled login server on the second server, I ran into some account issues in the way that some account names/passwords and the characters created in the accounts were messed up. I don't know if I have done it wrongly but a word of caution that there may be issues down the road if you decommission the login server down the road. This likely wont be an issue if you run the login server as a dedicated server forever.