Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-11-2021, 08:53 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Default Simple Linux Server Install - Stuck on "Downloading latest PEQ Database"?

I have been doing some testing with various versions of linux and installing eqemu on them. The last 3 attempts, the server has got to the point where it shows this line:

[Install] Downloading latest PEQ Database... Please wait...

I have a very fast network, so bandwidth on my end isn't the issue. The database setup never seems to complete. I've waited 1-4 hours for it to complete, yet no go... I recreate the VM instance each time, so it's not a problem with recreating stuff already there either.

Is there a problem with the script or the PEQ database file itself?
Old 11-11-2021, 08:57 PM
joligario
Developer

Latest database file looks fine from initial inspection. http://db.projecteq.net/
Old 11-11-2021, 09:19 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

OK. I stopped the vm that was running, recreated another and ran the install script again. Once again, it appears to be stuck at the same:

[Install] Downloading latest PEQ Database... Please wait...

I am currently using debian 11.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:41 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Started at 1:20p pacific time. It's now 7:41p pacific time. Still Downloading Latest PEQ Database...

This has happened several times in a row now.
Old 11-12-2021, 04:49 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Continuing to investigate this issue with the Basic Server install script getting stuck on downloading latest PEQ Database...

I created a brand new VM and loaded it with the latest version of ubuntu desktop. Followed the instructions on this webpage:
https://docs.eqemu.io/server/categor...allation-linux

and it still does the same thing. I started this at 10:30p last evening. It is now 12:47a. In the past this setup script never took longer than 30 minutes, on the slowest of slow VMs. This VM is part of a 64 core AMD Opteron blade server, so I'm certain it's not the hardware. I tested my network last evening and it's over 1tb, so it's not my end of the network either.
Old 11-12-2021, 07:10 AM
Riklin
Hill Giant

Finally! Whatever the script was stuck on cleared! It's now running the make. About 3:00a... 4.5 hours now...

I've run the basic server build script many times and it's never taken as long as it has the last couple days. In any case, it seems to be working again...