Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

I'm using Navicat:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knotthead View Post
In Navicat:

Double click on your database
double click on tables
scroll down to rule_values - double click. A new screen should appear with all the rule values.
Sort rule_name by right mouse click on the top of the column, go to sort, sort ascending
Scroll down to World:EnableTutorialButton and change that to false.

Done!
Thanks for the response Knot!

Allrighty, I see the different entries under 'tables'... from aa_actions to Zone_state_dump and about 60 others as well.... however... 'rule_values' is just not an option to double click on. It does not appear along with the rest of the files.

Has it been renamed recently? I've followed the guide step-by-step on a freshly reformatted XP machine.

Last edited by Fulcrum; 09-21-2010 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: for clarity
Old 09-21-2010, 01:19 PM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Which database have you sourced in?
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew80k View Post
Which database have you sourced in?
I've sourced in peqDB_rev 1589.sql

UPDATE:

Found the issue: load_player.sql was not imported properly. I had to redownload and extract the files a second time.

Thanks for the assistance, though!
Old 09-27-2010, 12:44 AM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

I keep trying to compile the information with Visual C++ 8.0, and the result at the end keeps stating that "4 succeeded, 1 failed". I notice that there is no World.exe being created, but all the other appropriate files seem to be there. Anyone know what might be the cause? I'm following the guide as much as possible.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:57 AM
Fulcrum
Sarnak

I had this happen to me once or twice as well early on. My solution was to completely uninstall Perl 5.12.*, erase the leftover folders and reinstall Perl 5.10.*
Old 09-27-2010, 01:23 AM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

I'm currently using 5.10, but I thought i wiped my previous perl out. I'll take your advice, start with a fresh perl after the recommended reboots, and post my progress tomorrow.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:10 AM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

If you still have a compile error you need to post the actual error message.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

Tried again this morning with a fresh Perl installation. Same results- 4 succeed, 1 failed. This is the error messages I am getting where the "world" errors were happening:

3>c:\eqemusvnfiles\eqemu\trunk\eqemuserver\world\. ./common/useperl.h(6) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'EXTERN.h': No such file or directory

The above error happened maybe 6 times during the complie.

This error happened only once, around the same stages:

3>BSCMAKE: error BK1506 : cannot open file '..\Build\World\Release\EQW.sbr': No such file or directory

Would any of these happen to be due to no installation of EQ? My CD's are corrupted and I'm working on that solution shortly.
EDIT- Perhaps I am not fully removing the older version of Perl. I was just deleting the Perl folder because nothing showed up with the Remove Software tool. Is there some hidden registries or anything?
Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

Make sure you follow these steps exactly. If one of the steps doesn't work because of a missing directory then you have something wrong with that component and must fix it.

• 'Tools/Options/Projects and Solutions/VC+(+) directories' and add the following directories using the dropdown "Show directories for" box:
• Include files: C:\mysql\include
• Include files: C:\perl\lib\CORE
• Include files: C:\zlib\include
• Library files: C:\mysql\lib\opt
• Library files: C:\perl\lib\CORE
• Library files: C:\zlib\lib

Obviously if you installed things to different directories then the paths here need to change as well. You can browse to a directory and select it that way.
Old 09-27-2010, 09:55 PM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

Using XAMPP instead of perl and changing the include and library sources solved this problem

With any luck, I will not face more problems.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:38 PM
lerxst2112
Demi-God

That's interesting since a couple of people have said that switching from XAMPP fixed their problem. *shrug* Whatever works. I'll have to try it for my next server and see what happens.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:52 PM
Hmm
Discordant

xampp worked for me too.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

Things are working a lot better. I have the databases all setup, except I get an error while loading the world/zone/login server.

I am trying to first use the eqemulogin server. I might switch over to minilogin once I am familiar. My goal is to host a game that might only have 10 people playing at once, all my friends, and require a password to enter the server.

Here is the error I am getting. I'm trying to use the eqemulogin server: (oh, the error exists on the World.exe command prompt)
[debug] [World__LS] Connecting to login server: localhost:5598
[debug] [World__LS] Setting World to MiniLogin Server type
[debug] [World__LS_ERR] Could not connect to login server: localhost:5598 TCPconnection::connect<>: connect<> failed. Error: 10061

From my understanding, somewhere along the many attempts at setting up a server, using minilogin sometimes, and others attempting eqemulogin- a stray command in a database or .ini file still points to minilogin. I just cannot guess where it is! Any advice? I can only work with it within my own LAN right now.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:49 PM
joligario
Developer

Did you set up to listen on 5598?
Old 09-29-2010, 01:41 AM
Domingodarkrage
Fire Beetle

Thanks for pointing out the obvious Somehow it is so easy to overlook. I'm in my world now Just about a million other things to sort out now.