Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
kfrench16
Fire Beetle

Default Zoning Issues and scribing spell issue

I used to play around with eqemu a few years ago and decided to play around with it again. I am using minilogin on my LAN with PEQ database (used his latest installer).

I finally got everything up and running and able to connect. I created a character (DE) and showed up in neriakc in front of my guild master. Yay!

After running around the zone and making sure I could kill a rat, I decided to try and zone into neriakb. Client shows that I am entering the new zone. I watch the server consoles and sure enough a ZoneToZone request to neriakb starts to take place. A few seconds later, I end up in front of my guildmaster again. I look at the server console and it shows an ingress request for neriakc.

I tried a few different DE characters all with the same results. I try a HUM character and try to zone into North qeynos. That worked! So, I'm thinking neriak maybe bugged. I try zoning out of north qeynos to the hills and back to to south qeynos and I can't get out of the zone. Same issue as neriak.

I've opened ports 7000 - 7100 on my router (that's what the zones are using) and there are 5 dynamic zones running (I haven't tried static zones yet).

Any hints or suggestions towards a possible solution?

Also, does scribing spells to your spellbook work from scrolls? When I try, I get a spell id not recognized error in the chat window.

Thanks
Old 05-13-2008, 10:32 AM
kfrench16
Fire Beetle

Since I can't edit:

EQEmu version: 0.7.0-1104
PEQ database: 0.7.0-1104

Also, I tried the #zone command with the same results as listed above.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:13 PM
kfrench16
Fire Beetle

Well, I managed to get things fixed just playing around.

My spell issue was a, duh, moment. I forgot to copy over the spell_en and spell_us text files to my emulator directory.

My zoning issue, I think, was network related. After shutting down the server and rebooting the computer post some network config changes, all is well now!

Now on to making it visible to my friends via minilogin :P