Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:14 PM
depeche878
Fire Beetle

Default Solo Offline Play

Hello everyone,

Long time member of this board, hadn't been on it for a while.

However, now that EQ has been sold and its future is uncertain, I wanted to ask the question that probably has been asked many times before.

Is there a "how to" guide on setting up a single player EQ game? I want to start slow and tinker around EQ by myself offline before I mess with servers and what not.

Thank you for reading and help!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:31 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by depeche878 View Post
Hello everyone,

Long time member of this board, hadn't been on it for a while.

However, now that EQ has been sold and its future is uncertain, I wanted to ask the question that probably has been asked many times before.

Is there a "how to" guide on setting up a single player EQ game? I want to start slow and tinker around EQ by myself offline before I mess with servers and what not.

Thank you for reading and help!

Assuming you have a Windows machine available. I would just grab Akka's repack and call it a day.

You'll have to make adjustments before running it, if you truly wish to restrict the server to just yourself, though, if you don't advertise your server, the likelihood that someone will join is far and few between. You'll have the occasional straggler, but even so.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:46 PM
depeche878
Fire Beetle

Ok,

Thank you so much, I do have a windows machine available and have downloaded Akka's repack I will give it a go this afternoon

I guess I will run Akka's as is and just not advertise the server, once I get a firm grip on what is what, then I will make the server public

One more question though, when you ask if I have a windows machine, do you mean that I have to have a separate machine to run the game and one to login to that machine to play in? Or can one machine run the game and play the game?

Thanks again!
Old 02-04-2015, 03:06 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by depeche878 View Post
Ok,

Thank you so much, I do have a windows machine available and have downloaded Akka's repack I will give it a go this afternoon

I guess I will run Akka's as is and just not advertise the server, once I get a firm grip on what is what, then I will make the server public

One more question though, when you ask if I have a windows machine, do you mean that I have to have a separate machine to run the game and one to login to that machine to play in? Or can one machine run the game and play the game?

Thanks again!
You can run the server and play on the same machine.
Old 02-05-2015, 09:43 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

I just use the Windows Server Setup Guide and the Private Server setup to create mine. Works great.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:10 AM
depeche878
Fire Beetle

Talking

OK,

I have downloaded RoF from Steam, installed it, then tried running Akka's repack and I couldn't install. Is it just meant for x64 operating systems?

However, I did login and play at one of the available servers and had a lil fun, I did notice that I was bound to the restrictions of the server I played, ie could only go up to lvl 65.

If I were to run my own server, would that mean that I will be able to play up to level 95 and use mercs and everything that RoF offers?

Thank you!
Old 02-06-2015, 12:32 PM
vsab
Discordant

Nope, the content is effectively hand written (although the items and spells are imported) either by the Project EQ (aka PEQ) team, or by the server developer (if it's a custom server).

The repack and most of the wikki guides will refer you to using the PEQ database. PEQ goes up to and including GoD, with Tacvi the last zone to do (I think).

Mercs are mostly implemented, see the stickies in the forum here:- http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=590