Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

Default #Rules

I have sourced in Rules_Values and Rule_Sets but the #Rules command in game still doesn't exist or work... the Rules section at http://127.0.0.1:9080 still says "gotta write rules first"... i'm not sure what i'm missing? Do i need to create a #Rule command manually or something?
Thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

http://127.0.0.1:9080 is not "in-game".

Log into the world, and in the chat box, type #help rules or just #rules. You'll see the syntax there.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:07 PM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

neither #rules or #help rules work... says the command doesn't exist
Old 11-09-2006, 12:12 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Is your account status 250? That's GM-Impossible. If it's your server, you should set your status to 250 in table: account.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

yeah, im already 250
Old 11-09-2006, 06:17 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Sorry then, there is nothing more I can offer if you are 250 and using the proper syntax. Good luck to ya.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:31 PM
KLS
Administrator

Don't mind me but make sure you have the correct case it's #rules, #Rules wont work. You should be able to see if there's an actual rules command available to you by typing #help. If it doesn't show up on that list then utoh.
Old 11-10-2006, 03:09 AM
paaco
Discordant

I'm not sure what could be wrong with it either. I have been helping him get set up. I even sent him the 2 rules tables from my server to source in. So I know he has good tables. I really have no idea what could be going on :( To be 100% sure you have status 250 on your server. Open a command prompt. Type in:

cd\mysql\bin <enter>
mysql -u root <enter>
use eq; <enter> ( I believe thats what you told me your DB was named. If not change the eq to your DB name)
UPDATE account SET status=250 WHERE id='1'; <enter>

That should flag you 250 in the database. You can even do it while in game. After you do the SQL stuff, target yourself in game and type #flag, it should say refreshing your admin status. Then target yourself and type #gm on.

By now there is no reason at all for the #rules command not to work that I can see. So after making sure you are flagged 250 and doing #gm on to yourself. Try it again and let me know how it goes for you.

Hope this helps
Old 11-10-2006, 03:09 AM
SoTRichard
Sarnak

yeah, unfortunately neither #rules #rule #Rules or #Rule works or exists lol.. i'm not sure what the problem is... oh well.... thanks for the help anyway guys. i appreciate it
Old 11-10-2006, 03:20 AM
paaco
Discordant

Bleh Richard we posted at exactly the same time, what a coincidence hehe I bet that means you missed my post.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:25 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Ok, one more thought. Though I believe #rules is added as a default command even if there is nothing in the table: commands, try adding a row for #rules with an access of 250 and try that.

Or, give one of us an account w/250 status and let us try. It has to be something simple.
Old 11-10-2006, 12:17 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Adams
Ok, one more thought. Though I believe #rules is added as a default command even if there is nothing in the table: commands, try adding a row for #rules with an access of 250 and try that.

Or, give one of us an account w/250 status and let us try. It has to be something simple.
just messing around tonight but.....
maybe these rules could be implemented for evolveig items hmmmm....

When casting a spell:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Did you ever think that there may be more important things in life than casting <spell name>? I hope you're not helping others when we could be helping ourselves.

When putting on:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Oh my. Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately? How did you ever get along without me?'

When taking off:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Please tell me you're not going to don some unsightly burlap leg warmers instead of me. I'm not sure I can handle the embarrassment of being replaced by something...ugly.'

When aggroing a mob:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'If <mob name> so much puts so much as a scratch on me, I'll scream. That's a promise, <player name>.'

On a proc (or crit):
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Oh. Do that again but with a bit more flourish, <player name>!'

On a kill shot:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Great shot! Now, let's work on our victory pose.'

On zoning:
1)Black Leather Pantaloons says, 'Think we'll meet any new folks here, <player name>? You never get a second chance to make a first impression.'

www.cheaterz.info
Old 11-10-2006, 07:31 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

where can i buy these pantaloons ??
Old 11-10-2006, 08:26 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Nice pants. Have you been drinking? I hear those pants drop most common when alcohol is involved.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:38 AM
Cripp
Discordant

maybe for some reason the #rules command is set to 255! so try setting ur status to 255(highest value) instead of 250... duno why people dont just use 255 instead of 250, or why people tell people to use 250 over 255 ><.. why go 5 under the highest? this might not be the case but... hmph. i hate you 250 status poeple!

<3 cripp

PS: nugs pwn u all

www.nugblazers.com