Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Submissions

Quests::Submissions This is where you submit your quests for review

Old 12-30-2006, 06:59 PM
CrabClaw
Hill Giant

Default Devin_Traical Mod

here is the shadowrest NPC in the Pok. Since not many people use her I made a mod to turn Ol'Devin into a buff-er NPC. You can expand on this as you wish, even adding/replacing new spells or a gem turn in requirement (Maybe a Peridot for the health/Haste buffs and a Pearl for KEI). If you are database savvy, you should give Devin_Tracial a neato subname like <Ambassador of Norrath>, <Buff'et of Vie> or <Bufz 4 Salz PLZ>, depending on your server lore so players can identify her. Just drop this into your 'poknowledge' folder in your EQEmu 'quests' folder.

This is an example of a custom NPC I wanted to share with y'all. If you want an example of a gem turn-in version I can post that too.

Code:
#############
#Quest Name: Lords of Norrath Liason
#Author: CrabClaw
#NPCs Involved: Devin Traical
#Items Involved: All from Angelox's Database
#zone: poknowledge
#Revised CrabClaw v1.0 WIP

#This is an example of a buff-bot you can put on your server. For this instance I re-use the Shadowrest NPC but any unused NPC will do.

sub EVENT_SAY { 
   if($text=~/Hail/i){
         quest::say("Good day fine adventurer! As a representative of the Lords of Norrath I extend our deepest appreciation for all your fine deeds.  I have been authorized to grant you a beneficial spell if you need such as [mana], a [blessing], or a [health] buff. So if there is any need,just ask, and it will be yours!");
      }elsif($text=~/mana/i){
         quest::say("Hold still $name! There you go this should help you greatly! Good day to you!");
         quest::selfcast(2570);
      # KEI
      }elsif($text=~/health/i){
         quest::say("Plan on fighting, eh? Well this should tip the odds in your favor!");
         quest::selfcast(3467);
      # Virtue
      }elsif($text=~/bless/i){
         quest::say("Here this small enchantment shall give you a little edge over your foes. Good hunting.");
         quest::selfcast(1710);
      # Visions of Grandeur - Haste
      }
}
#END of FILE Zone:poknowledge  ID:202264 -- Devin Traical