Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Redik
Fire Beetle

Server population sure is healthy right now, was 50 on when I logged on today.
Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Yup population has been great. So great in fact I was forced to move up to a newer version of eqemu to help keep things stable with more players.

Status update: We are pretty far in to Velious now. The remaining feats that need to be accomplished are kill all 4 warders (killed Tuk last night) and Vulaak (rest of ntov has been cleared).

I won't let Luclin come out for at least 1 month from now since I really like Velious. I think it is the best part of the game. In one month or when Vulak and the remaining warders have been killed (whichever comes last) we will move on to Luclin.

I also put in place a cap of 3 characters per IP to make room for more players. Bandwidth should support ~60-75 connections so I want to be sure that boxing does not keep new people from being able to play. If you have a special requirement such as room mates/family, send me a pm here or on our board and I will work with you.

Fiber will be in my area some time in the spring. I plan to upgrade to that ASAP. In my area, anywhere from 2mb - 20mb up should be possible. I will take whatever the max is that is still economical. I have already upgraded the memory in the machine, and as always, remain committed to any upgrades that are needed as we grow.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:43 AM
gnode
Hill Giant

Server update definitely fixed stability problems. Doing NToV right now with 40 people in the raid and 50 people online:
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 AM
XanatosNemos
Sarnak

Default Bad server

GM abuses power and plays favorites here, banned me cause his friends thought i got too much loot on raids
Old 02-18-2009, 10:57 AM
porigromus
Fire Beetle

Any proof of this? Not to be rude but making a statement against someone's credibility should require proof that it happened other than your word.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM
gnode
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by porigromus View Post
Any proof of this? Not to be rude but making a statement against someone's credibility should require proof that it happened other than your word.
He is the 2nd person I have had to ban in nearly a year.

We have a simple loot policy. We roll on loot, but you can't be a loot whore. He would continue to roll time after time. After winning several items on a raid he would continue to roll on loot. This was brought up to him by me and others. He even thought it funny to make his last name "Lootwhore"

I had numerous complaints from people about him. After pruning him, I got nothing but thanks from the population.

I regret having to ban people, but sometimes (rarely) it is necessary. His personality was just not a good fit. We are just not the right server for him.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:38 AM
germish
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Hi, I'm new.

Hey guys Malicious/Soothe here. Just thought I'd say hello. Haven't met you yet Tiny, but looking forward to a raid or two.

I've raided with the gang in ToV, but it is just about impossible to down Vulak. I'm not sure if I was there for 80% of the raid, but it was great fun.

Keep up the good work Tiny, and thanks for bringing EQ back!
Old 03-30-2009, 10:41 AM
KingMort
Banned

lol , you gnome you can't make npc's that look like players and count them as players

If you want to act serious.. play on Raid Addicts

King
Old 03-30-2009, 02:01 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

haha advertising your server on another servers topic, lol niiiice
Old 03-30-2009, 02:11 PM
Traul
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post
lol , you gnome you can't make npc's that look like players and count them as players

If you want to act serious.. play on Raid Addicts

King
You're an idiot.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:05 PM
germish
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down Agreed...

Traul is right...
One thing is to come in here and throw a hissy fit.
Just because you cried about what ever you are upset* about, I personally don't want to join your lame server.
Old 03-30-2009, 07:47 PM
lostpeanut00
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanatosNemos View Post
GM abuses power and plays favorites here, banned me cause his friends thought i got too much loot on raids
I don't play on this server anymore, but I did for the first two expansions. Other than maybe summoning people to raids without asking first *cough* , Tiny runs a very clean server, and I have a lot of respect for him.

I might not have agreed with the first people he banned, but it sounds like it was warranted in this case. Loot policy is general knowledge on his server, they are very clear on that. Its designed specifically to be fair for everyone.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:23 AM
newlich
Fire Beetle

I have to say I have had more fun playing eq on this server then I have in anything Everquest related in the last 8 years ish.

It is a total blast with a great population. Grinding is not difficult leaving a lot of time to just explore, quest, camp and just help others get stuff done.

I've had a blast and will continue to be a part of this server till Tiny turns the lights off.

Sosk
Fyres
Tyke
Old 04-22-2009, 11:57 AM
newlich
Fire Beetle

/bump.

Luclin is almost fully open. We need three more raid wins in Velious to open it up completely.

For a fun environment check us out .
Old 05-27-2009, 06:14 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

old thread - we've progressed into ssra and are working on emp keys. it's a bit of a process. the vt key will be simplified without requiring the shard camping.

we are still running velious raids and kunark raids at random, helping folks with things and gearing up new players (ntov is like candy land for them).

I think one thing that discourages folks is that they start in the arean and don't know what to do.

you can use #peqzone once every 20 mins to zone whereever - blow your first one to nexus, and ask the giant gnome for a trinket. the leveling rate is super quick, you can catch up easy. lots of friendly folks here to help out as well. aa's are pretty normal speed.

you can box up to 4 toons but we prefer more people over more boxed toons. raids usually max out in the mid 20s so don't be surprised if you can't bring an army everywhere : P

if you have any questions, I'm in game pretty often as Koii and Marglar.