Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeormom
Discordant

Default Bane of Life (Custom Legit/PvP)

The Bane of Life project is a customized PvP server with legitimate level advancement, based on EverQuest Classic content. The primary focus of the community is to provide a cheat free PvP experience without some of the traditional hassles of EverQuest.

At launch, there will be 50 levels you can obtain by traditional means, and several additional levels there after only obtainable by questing. A full reward/penalty system will be in place for PvP rather than mindless harassment. Additionally, there will be several unique features available at launch, like cheat detection and a point based experience system. Many more features will be available after the launch, such as guild cities.

We invite you to check out our new web site and join our community forums at www.baneoflife.com.

The project has already been under development since September 2008 and has not yet launched to the public. The server is hosted on a hefty dedicated server which has provided 98.78% uptime in the past 12 months. I have spent hundreds of hours of planning & design to establish a solid foundation to build and expand the server as time progresses. With the time already invested, it's pretty safe to say Bane of Life isn't a fly by night server.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:01 AM
Z.Wylde
Sarnak

REALLY looking forward to this server....
Old 02-17-2009, 06:12 AM
Toxez
Fire Beetle

Looks like a great server to play on, any ETA on a launch date?
Old 02-17-2009, 03:04 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

At this time, there is no announced ETA. We are currently in the development phase where all testing is closed. Before launch, there will be two phases which allow non-staff to get a peek at the server. The first phase will be an alpha test followed by a pilot test. The alpha testers will be selected by the development staff from our active IRC and forum members. However, you can sign up for the pilot on our forums. Once testing begins, we will post dates for both the pilot test and the live launch. Thanks for your interest!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Whats with the legend server thingy? Does that mean you payed lots of money to someone?
Old 02-19-2009, 04:13 AM
liquest
"Special" Member

no idea i just saw it today haha
Old 02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Valcrist
Sarnak

Bah launch it!
Old 02-23-2009, 01:31 AM
newlich
Fire Beetle

I'm waiting on this launch also!
Old 03-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeormom
Discordant

The forums are down for a few days while the projects gets moved to a more reliable system. Before public testing begins, I wanted to upgrade the system's network capacity to be able to handle the load of the web site, forums, login, and client manager without any congestion.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
traumapete
Fire Beetle

There was nothing better then classic EQ and classic EQ pvp.

Just set some rules:

1) +/- 8 lvl rule or 10 lvl is a good one
2) cash only or 1 item loot for pvp wins (naked wizzy anyone)?
3) Allow multiple accounts per IP (I have 3 teenage sons who play)

And if you ever expand to Kunark take a good long time to do it.

Once everyone gets the gear that they can get then its all about the pvp and thats what ppl play for.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:52 AM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

At - http://forums.baneoflife.com/
The Bane of Life roflcopter goes soi soi soi soi

Whats up guys?? Been eagerly awaiting this server to see whats going on. Was looking good, now not so good?
Old 03-25-2009, 01:49 PM
MarglarTZ
Sarnak

look a few replies up ..

The forums are down for a few days while the projects gets moved to a more reliable system. Before public testing begins, I wanted to upgrade the system's network capacity to be able to handle the load of the web site, forums, login, and client manager without any congestion.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:15 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

My bad, didn't realise a few days = almost 20 days, I dont feel so bad now when I say in a little bit then procrastinate for a week.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinuDaily View Post
My bad, didn't realise a few days = almost 20 days, I dont feel so bad now when I say in a little bit then procrastinate for a week.
It actually was up and online for about four days and I locked it again to migrate. Our license for vBulletin has expired and I'm not going to pay $180 for it so I have to convert the forums to something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurtinuDaily View Post
At - http://forums.baneoflife.com/
The Bane of Life roflcopter goes soi soi soi soi

Whats up guys?? Been eagerly awaiting this server to see whats going on. Was looking good, now not so good?
The website is still there and happy~ Last news posting was March 17, 2009 so it's still pretty active. You can get up to date info on IRC or Ventrilo when we're around as well if you like.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 PM
HurtinuDaily
Hill Giant

Ahhh 180 bucks a year?? thats expensive!