Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-15-2003, 06:47 AM
dcl
Sarnak

Hmmm... that's odd. Patrol has worked for me... the mobs follow the path to the end, then turn around and follow the path in reverse to the beginning. (I've only done one zone so far, however)
Old 07-15-2003, 06:50 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Anyone who would like to help , please contact me thru PM and we'll coordinate the work so that we're not all working on the same zones.
I have a way to pull the info for each zone and re-add it back into the DB, so people could do all the fixes , add grids and waypoints, and then I could pull that info from the DB and add it into the "main" release for moving npc DB.
Would be a quicker way of doing it than just me trying to go from zone to zone , not that I wouldn't
Old 07-15-2003, 06:55 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Just thought of one other problem I came across.
Occasionally , not real often , I come across a zone that will only allow 1 or 2 grids to function , the rest just go to 1st waypoint and stop there and don't ever continue ( example East Freeport have ship and several npcs in tavern set on grids , only the bartender moves).
there was 1 or 2 more zones that this happened can't remember which ones at the moment , but I'll check into it and post which ones , seemed very odd since most work very well.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:57 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

dcl which exe's are you using?
Old 07-15-2003, 07:20 AM
dcl
Sarnak

I'm using one of first 4.4 CVS to include #spawnfix (not sure of the exact one)

The zone I've worked on is Blackburrow. I encountered the problem you mentioned... I made one grid that worked fine. I added a second grid and both mobs would stop at the first way point. However, after I added several other grids, that problem went away, and all mobs move as planned. (although the Razorgils are kind of jerky)

The thing I've been trying to figure out now, is how to get the portal to Jaggedpine working.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:24 AM
dcl
Sarnak

The other thing that's odd about the mob stopping at the first wp problem:

When I first got the problem with only 2 grids.... after starting up the emu... the first time I logged into the zone, the 2 mobs moved perfectly. If I killed them and let them respawn, or repoped the zone, or zoned out and came back... then they would only go to the first wp, and nothing I did, short of restarting the emu, would make them go back to moving correctly.
Old 07-15-2003, 07:31 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Just for my curiosity , could you try another version of exe's to see if your zones crash when using #spawnfix?
I compiled 2 more versions , newer than the 6/17 updates and they seem to crash zones when using #spawnfix , just want to know if it's me or the exe's.
You can get them here -

http://forums.eqemu.net/viewtopic.php?t=8962

would appreciate your help with this , the other 2 versions have the AA fixes and random # fixes.
Old 07-15-2003, 08:07 AM
booa
Fire Beetle

tcsmyworld

I to get crashes using #spawnfix . Doesnt matter if the Mob is moving or not . I can use it 5 times in a row no problem . Sometimes I can never use till I reboot the server .

I am at work so please forgive me when I get the dates wrong on the CVS .

One was compiled on or between 6-16 and 6 -17 ( the ones that you say are best for world building ) .

The other is compiled after that .. I think 6-23 .

Also the same results with the offical 4.4 release .

I haved tried this on your beta DB as well as Drawde 1.1 , 1 beta 5 .

All to the same results .

Its not just you
Old 07-15-2003, 08:13 AM
dcl
Sarnak

Sure, I'll give it a try sometime this week and let you know.
Old 07-15-2003, 12:10 PM
Bigpull
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcl
There is? Cool, I didn't know that.

Given the format that you posted, how does it get assigned to a specific grid? Also, why would the wp need to know if it's circular|random|patrol... I would think only the entire grid needs that info, not the individual wps.
It uses the grid assigned to the npc you have targeted, i think it'll add the next available if they don't have one set already.

A waypoint is part of a grid, shrug
Old 07-16-2003, 11:44 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

i actually set up a grid in the eqadmin program to an npc. (not real sure how i did it , cause i couldnt do it again) but i went into the game and the mob was walking from point a to point b back and forth hehe.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:17 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

in reference to the mobs following waypoints and stopping after the first waypoint with multiple grids. i have setup 6 grids in a zone. i noticed after the third grid that my npcs were stopping at the first point, i then made three more grids. seems to me that all of the 6 npcs are moving, but i think they are moving in a random cycle of one mob at a time. one moves, i go to the next and see it move one or two wp then stops then another is moving a wp or two and stops. not sure if this is a cycle of random movements. just thought i would mention it. seems like the more mobs you place on grids the less each one will move.

has anyone tried using persistant zone state 1, and does this cause a wondering mob to freeze at the point of zone out and hamper the ability for this mob to continue with waypoints?
Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Could I get this stickied ??
Please
Old 08-08-2003, 02:29 PM
tcsmyworld
Discordant

Another member , work progressing nicely , I'm hoping for another release in the next week with more of what we all like "Movers"

I'll also try to remember to add the quests folder in again

Website has a few screen shots from 050 test server.
Working on getting the moving DB converted over , stay tuned for further developments on that.
Old 08-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Botts92280
Fire Beetle

I was wondering, you said not to apply this DB over any other databases. So in mysql I just source this file in? Does this database contain items and books ect?

Also what version of eqemu are you useing? 4.4dr1?

basically what it comes down to is this, I have msysql setup but I am getting confused on which eqemu to download because alot of the howtoo have an older version of eqemu in them.

So I so far downloaded you database and binarys and mysql aswell. What other files do I need? The one from the main page?

eqemu I downloaded
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...2.zip?download

minilogin I downloaded.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/e...n.exe?download

Or if anyone could make a link of which files I need to download
Are these the files I need? or? Any help would be great.