Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::Windows Servers

Archive::Windows Servers Archive area for Windows Servers's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-11-2003, 05:50 AM
angry_platypus
Fire Beetle

Default Pathing causing zones to crash

Ok, so I got my server up and running and can connect to it and run around and what have you, so I decided to try my hand at doing some pathing. Started with Innothule, using the commands in the quest/pathing system tutorial. Got the grid setup, added mobs to it, did a #repop, and the zone.exe running the zone crashed, now I can't log back in. eqemudebug report an error code 2/0. Any idea what this is or how to fix it? I'd really like to have mobs that are actually, you know, mobile.
Old 07-13-2003, 08:07 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

i have also been through the same thing. i ended up rebuilding my database and left moving mobs alone, until theres a better and more stable way to do it
Old 07-14-2003, 06:23 AM
ozme
Sarnak

Default One reason for this

Ive ran into this problem before 2 but usualy its because you have 2 npcs tied to the same gridid
Old 07-16-2003, 09:06 AM

Default pathing...

I've been able to place more than one npc to a grid without a problem. I found my problem was working with imported spawn2 and npc tables. Your problem may simply be trash in the database. I noticed when I imported some of the move files offered in the forum using mysql, that the information imported in the gassign row of the spawn2 was trash. Looking through the code, I didn't notice anything in the mob.ccp to compensate for such an event.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see Sony's version of everquest available to EQEMU. But I'm not so certain that all this trouble is worth it. I'd rather see more servers like Winter's Roar who create custom databases based on their unique story line rather than rely on the availability of prespun databases. Everything is at your disposal to make your server a unique experience.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:20 AM
cannonalldex
Sarnak

one thing that will crash a zone quicker than you know what is messing up your waypoints

for instance you accidentally set two different places for on wp

#wp add 100 2 1
#wp add 100 2 1

not sure if the second one overwrites the first, but it has caused my zone to crash.

all in all if you do it right the grid system is really handy for a life-like server.

hehe sounds stupid, but when your pumping out grids and waypoints its not hard to miss one and add the wrong stuff, happened to me a couple times. best thing to do is back up your database after every successful zone that you implement grids too. unless you know how to edit the database. (i dont)