Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-05-2014, 10:49 PM
nedflanderssaves
Fire Beetle

Default Best Non legit Server?

I'm looking for a server that I can solo on and mainly run through content I used to love back in the day without really worrying about much else. Any suggestions?
Old 08-06-2014, 12:32 AM
Tibia
Fire Beetle

Hello sir, Come check out Leetsauce Productions, can use MQ2 if you'd like to. Can also use mercenary's if you would like, and also use #peqzone command. I play their myself and it's amazing. We have a very friendly/joking community! Would love to see you there!
Old 08-06-2014, 12:37 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I've been surfing the custom content world for a while. Here's my tips:

Solo as in 1 character? Multiboxing normally gives an advantage on servers. That or bots.
See if mq2warp is available. To me this totally cheese's the game, some like it, I don't enjoy it.

Every server has pro's and con's based on user experience and expectation... I wish there was better write ups of what each server is trying to offer most.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 08-06-2014, 08:06 AM
vishnu
Sarnak

You can solo really well on the Fires of Heaven emu. Mobs lower level than you are will die very fast, while even or higher level mobs will be a challenge. You may need some assistance in the PoP end-zones however or at least good gear/aa to be able to completely solo it.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:26 PM
Tibia
Fire Beetle

Come check out LootFest server! Custom and very fun! Haven't met one person who disliked the way this server was setup.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Andercross
Fire Beetle

Leetsauce is definitely worth checking out. Although warp is allowed, you by no means have to use it. It is fair to note that you can only solo to a certain point (and this is a point far after hitting level 80). To me, once you hit the last 3 endgame zones (at the moment) you can no longer solo (aka HC VT, HC ST, HC ToV). The normal versions of these zones are also accessible and can be soloed if you wanted to.

There are solo folks who group up and do this content though, especially if you join a guild (I highly recommend Revan's 'The Goonies' if he'll take you and they suit you, they have quite an army now!). I'm firmly believe that with a lot of work certain classes could solo into VT at least, and if you guild up and/or grab rot loots there's the potential you could go further.

Just keep in mind it's a currency based server. If you're willing to put the time in AAing/farming drops (almost everything non-HC is tradeable, even non-kerafym HC ST drops are tradeable) you can work your way through quite a bit of things. And there are so many more farming options now than when we first opened! They've really put in a ton of work developing the server, including custom 3.0/3.5 epics/augs and custom gear from the HC content.

I've truly enjoyed my time there and the GMs are far more active than any server i've ever seen, and the player base is beyond willing to help folks out.

If you decide to check it out and have any questions or problems just use /ooc, i'm certain folks will help you out.

Or send me a tell on Funkeey / Kapow and i'll do my best.

-Kapow
Old 08-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Zarkiue
Fire Beetle

Leetsauce is worth checking out, a lot of content and more added every month sometimes every week, the server as a whole is very helpful and are willing to answer any and all questions Leet himself is very active and on all the time, always asking if anyone has any issues and doing everything in his power to fix it. As for The Goonies ( shameless plug inc!) we are a very active guild always two or three guild groups running and someone is always doing some kind of progression and it's not hard to get you or anyone else caught up and ready to rock the Hardcore zones, if you give Leetsauce a try me up in game ( Jinrual) and I'll set you up with some starter gear and a invite if interested !
Old 08-14-2014, 01:00 PM
Trubles
Sarnak

Invested wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time into Leetsauce's, to be met with inequality in treatment due to the general consensus and bipolar disorder he suffers from.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubles View Post
Invested wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time into Leetsauce's, to be met with inequality in treatment due to the general consensus and bipolar disorder he suffers from.
Personal attacks aren't very constructive. If you have an issue with me, take it up with me instead of airing your dirty laundry in a public forum, please.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:10 AM
Trubles
Sarnak

It's not airing my dirty laundry.

It's stating the fact that I'd rather play on an empty server than here due to your "professional" attitude.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:35 PM
troylus
Fire Beetle

Alakamin is pretty fuckin fun and you can be any race/class combo, or be an NPC race if it so pleases you!

Aviak Ranger here