Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-06-2019, 09:27 PM
TripSin
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a server where I can freely explore

I would like to just be able to travel through zones, looking at everything without being attacked and killed (preferably with a fast run speed and ability to teleport to zones). A god mode would also be nice if possible in case I want to like kill a placeholder or something to see if I can see a certain NPC spawn.

Is there a server like this I can hop into? I feel like I found a server once a long time ago where I could teleport and not be attacked (was able to go see NPCs I'd never seen before like Vox/Nag) but I can't remember which server that was.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2019, 12:00 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

If you want to explore like that, you could simply start your own server. You would then have access to all zones your client supported. You would also be able to view loot on mobs, their stats and so forth. Even change your run speed and fly if you wanted.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:38 AM
TripSin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspen View Post
If you want to explore like that, you could simply start your own server. You would then have access to all zones your client supported. You would also be able to view loot on mobs, their stats and so forth. Even change your run speed and fly if you wanted.
It seems to me like it would be a lot easier if I could just join a server that already has what I want. I'm not really seeing an easy to follow guide for setting up a server and I imagine it'll take a bit of effort to do. I was able to find such a server last time I was perusing through the list, but I can't find it now :(

Edit: nevermind, think I found one I'm looking for as I was typing this lol
Old 01-11-2020, 03:49 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin View Post
I'm not really seeing an easy to follow guide for setting up a server and I imagine it'll take a bit of effort to do.
Considering it has taken you over a month, so far, in your search, weighing the balance of effort ? Setting up your own server, in the most complicated understanding would only take about a week

Not sure if you've been to the new wiki:
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/
Old 01-11-2020, 07:30 PM
woton
Sarnak

There is a server that is up sometimes that gives everyone limited gm status. I forget the name, but it has gm in the title
Old 01-13-2020, 02:21 AM
TripSin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Considering it has taken you over a month, so far, in your search, weighing the balance of effort ? Setting up your own server, in the most complicated understanding would only take about a week

Not sure if you've been to the new wiki:
https://eqemu.gitbook.io/server/
I didn't spend that much time searching at all. I had just given up on trying to find such a server in between now and when I had originally posted. I became interested again because I wanted to learn a zone so I came back to check this thread. Right after I submitted my post I checked server list and found a server with GM commands in like 2 mins so it really didn't take much time at all.
Old 02-11-2021, 09:14 PM
TripSin
Fire Beetle

Edit: Nevermind, had an issue with the installer at first but figured out what was wrong with my computer. Was able to setup my own server
Old 02-11-2021, 11:02 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripSin View Post
Edit: Nevermind, had an issue with the installer at first but figured out what was wrong with my computer. Was able to setup my own server
Well, that's awesome. Now you have 280+ gm commands to play with, lol. Who knows, maybe you'll wind up playing around with the development of it and never see the real world again.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:57 PM
TripSin
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Well, that's awesome. Now you have 280+ gm commands to play with, lol. Who knows, maybe you'll wind up playing around with the development of it and never see the real world again.
Yeah, it's nice and lol I hope that doesn't happen.

I would like to see Kerafyrm and wake him up, but he's not spawning for me. I killed the 4 dragons in his room but nothing :(
Old 03-05-2021, 01:08 PM
lctucker2999
Sarnak

You might be able to spawn Kerafyrm using dbspawn but I'm not sure that she would run the script that way. It would be easier if you had your own server to reset the spawn variables. Once the sleeper is awaked, several variables in that zone change forever, preventing the original warders and the sleeping sleeper to ever spawn agian, unless manually changed back.

This exact situation is why I also created my own server. I made it exactly how I wanted to fit my time constraints and play style, including tons of bots, and peqzone enabled etc. I also reset ST back to the original warders so I (and my bot army) could "earn" that coveted ST loot like Shroud and gnome masks.

After awakening the sleeper to see her it all her glory, I just reset it back again so I could keep killing the warders.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:45 PM
thejudomadonna!
Fire Beetle

i'll hook you up.

mine' the one with the default name. Akkadius PEQ or whatever. The letters afterwards are like VHDMF or something close to that.

Once you log in, let me know your login name (what you use to login to the client, not your character name) and i'll flag you as admin, so you can go nuts.