Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Misc > Archive::Off Topic

Archive::Off Topic Archive area for Off Topic's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 03-17-2003, 12:28 PM
Lucid
Sarnak

Default War with Iraq and how we are not safe.... f00k

Hmm well you know going over to Iraq and killing thousands of innocent people to try to get to one man seems pretty stupid..... if only his people would rebel against him and say up with dipllomacy or something or at least a new leader.... War with Iraq is for sure its going to happen and the "terroists" are not going to like that.... well the just annouced on national news that there will be 5,000 FBI people still in america so we have nothing to worry about if there is a terriost threat hmm wow theese people dont know math. That only leaves about 100 or a little less or a little more to each state.. STATES ARE HUGE and how the fuck is less then 100 fbi people and some police able to take down a concentrated terroist attack if that were to happen... I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to the U.S. and we wont have the military and navy and army here to do anything about it becuase they are out killing vast numbers of people and land and animals and plants and familys and children and weomen i mean i swear i wish we could just send like a special ops group in to snipe off sadams damn head. Ok I just felt like sprouting some shit out of my head and onto the computer.

Peace,
Kevin
Old 03-18-2003, 03:30 AM
a_Guest03
Demi-God

Dude, you forget the National Guard, and the fact that our standing army is HUGE!! Our taxes pay for free education, so our standing army must drop out of school for a while and kick some terrorist ASS. FBI + CIA + army + reserves + national guard (yeah, some of them overlap) + police... How many terrorists do you expect got past INS (bad example ), the monetary surveillance of foreign and local funds, etc. etc.? I think we'll be fine locally. The FBI and CIA have been embarassed enough by bin Laden. I firmly believe that they are ready to kick some ass to prove that we shouldn't remove all of them and replace them with trained monkeys.

As for war with Iraq, I have mixed feelings about attacking the population, but Saddam Hussein is hiding weapons of mass destruction. He told the President of USA that he didn't have any, then instructed his military commanders via radio to use them if provoked... I don't really like America being the "peacekeepers" of the world. We seem to cause more wars than we fix.

The world opinion of the USA seems to get worse all the time. I think it really is an advanced and wonderful nation. I've been to other countries, like Thailand, China, Japan, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Mexico. They all have good and bad points, like us. When it comes to freedoms and safety guaranteed, I think we as a nation do a very good job at offering both. Our society is pretty accepting as well (yeah, yeah... lots of crazy yayhoos out there are assholes to foreigners. They should be a foreigner and know what it's like... bakayaro gaijin!). Most of our allies make for very open cultures as well. I hear our northern neighbors (Canada) are as socially accepting or more than even us.

Anyway, IF we do get attacked in our home soil, I couldn't imagine more people dying than WTC + Pentagon 9/11 deaths. It took years to train 20 people to kill a few thousand. That's not even the population of my dad's farmy hometown. My worries go out to the world warriors. They will suffer for us, terribly.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

I wouldn't touch this subject with 10' loaf of french bread.

Blackadder
Old 03-24-2003, 01:41 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

Heard about the new state of the art french tank?

It has 5 reverse gears...
Old 03-25-2003, 08:37 AM
Memener
Dragon

Trumpcard: Lol

Thanks to Imageshack.us for free image hosting!
Old 03-28-2003, 12:29 PM
Bigplayer101
Fire Beetle

I think its kinda assholish to diss the French. Yah, they have been pretty shitty lately, but they have always been pretty helpful in the past. The French came to the U.S's aid in the Civil War and died along side the U.S in WWI and WWII.
People are generalizing the French. I have some French relatives and they aren't against the war, they actaully support our troops. BTW a_Guest03, Canadians are, as you said, more socially accepting than almost any other nation
Can we stop with the stupid Freedom Fries already?
Old 03-28-2003, 01:33 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

We sure as hell bailed their asses out during the Big one so that's a 2 way street... They werent fighting beside us much at the time as Hitler had already bliztkrieg'd most of europe and had laid low almost all opposition. If it wasnt for our involvement, they'd be goose-stepping to this day.

Seriously though, though i despise the french government, some of my best friends in the world are french, and I give them shit about being frogs all the time!

Its a joke, lighten up !
Old 03-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Bardboy
Hill Giant

You know the old saying... "If they can't take a joke, fuck em!"

Blackadder
Old 04-04-2003, 12:00 PM
ScreamSilently
Fire Beetle

...Okay...
Old 04-04-2003, 12:01 PM
ScreamSilently
Fire Beetle

K
1)The French "Stood by us" in the revolution because it was to their benefit if the English lost us as colonies...You ass.

2) Uh, THE FRENCH SURRENDERED IN WWII. You ass.

3) The French like Jerry Lewis...YOU ASS.

4) The French don't want to fight Iraq because Iraq had Mirage Jets...Which the french make...YOU ASS

Try learning, it's helpful.

And we sure aren't safe as long as you have the potential to breed.
Old 04-08-2003, 08:56 AM
BLOOD_kane
Discordant

Default Re: War with Iraq and how we are not safe.... f00k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid
Hmm well you know going over to Iraq and killing thousands of innocent people to try to get to one man seems pretty stupid..... if only his people would rebel against him and say up with dipllomacy or something or at least a new leader.... War with Iraq is for sure its going to happen and the "terroists" are not going to like that.... well the just annouced on national news that there will be 5,000 FBI people still in america so we have nothing to worry about if there is a terriost threat hmm wow theese people dont know math. That only leaves about 100 or a little less or a little more to each state.. STATES ARE HUGE and how the bodonk is less then 100 fbi people and some police able to take down a concentrated terroist attack if that were to happen... I have a bad feeling that something is going to happen to the U.S. and we wont have the military and navy and army here to do anything about it becuase they are out killing vast numbers of people and land and animals and plants and familys and children and weomen i mean i swear i wish we could just send like a special ops group in to snipe off sadams damn head. Ok I just felt like sprouting some shit out of my head and onto the computer.

Peace,
Kevin
i am gonna refrain from schooling you on this subject. I just want to say that I hate people who have no flucking clue what is going on in the world. Killing innocent people? Only people who we are killing are those who are firing upon us. Maybe a few civilians here or there but not on purpose. Boy, you need to learn what is going on before you go dissing the war. I was against the war myself but now that it is here i support the troops (my cousin is over there now) and I have payed very close attention at what is going on.

Only thing that i find funny is we havent found any Chemical or bio weapons haha
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Old 04-11-2003, 12:27 AM
windsofwar
Fire Beetle

Default what blood_kane said

I found this late at night.....i agree that perhaps we shouldnt be there...that perhaps there are a lot of other ways to deal with it. but ill be damned if im not going to support the guys that are over there doing this. in veitnam a loota boys wet over there and came home to a country that chose not to love them anymore simply cus they followed orders for the country. if you choose to fight for your country then thats your choice....but every person on this board no matter who you are has a realative somewhere in the military. to forget that were all family is a huge mistake. we dont have to like or support the governments actions...we can protest and find a peaceful means to object. we can make sure that when our family comes home they know that even if we didnt like what they did we still love them and understand that they were doing there job.
Mallagant 19 dr001d GW
Old 04-12-2003, 03:38 AM
bigalstifler
Fire Beetle

Being part of the National guard i have to say that i don't even see a reason for us to worry. Sure they can strike at us anytime they want with a terrorist attack, but why>? They die and killl what maybe 100 people? Doesn't seem worth it to me. Besides they are all on their heels running to a trap set by our army and the armies of the allies fighting with us. They have way too much to worry about right now to give a shit about the U.S. and trying to plot a terrorist attack. All these videos and crap that they play on the news are just bullsh*t anyway, it is called mind games....and it doesn't work on most people with half a brain. for the other half that don't use common sense....GO BUY SOME DUCT TAPE!!
Old 04-12-2003, 05:31 PM
felgrep
Fire Beetle

Default The REAL reason why the french are being assholes

I agree with ScreamSilently on his points except:

4) The French don't want to fight Iraq because Iraq had Mirage Jets...Which the french make...YOU ASS

close but not quite, not only do the iraqis have Mirage jets, the french have been supplying them with parts through the UAE by selling the UAE parts for mirages and allowing them to forward the parts on to Iraq. BTW the UAE has no Mirage Fighters in their inventory. http://www.ainonline.com/issues/04_0...pterpg129.html

Not that the mirages or gazelle's had any impact in this war so far.

I heard from the same person who sent me the above link ( I usually don't get on a rant about hearsay, but he's a 50 year old who used to work for the UN and is very up to date on his facts ) that the French have also been selling the Iraqis "Agricultural Chemicals" that also double as main ingredients for chemical weapon compounds. I have to wonder if the French were so opposed to the war because they didn't want the dirty little secret that they've been dealing with Iraq though back channels and other countries knowing where their products were ending up for all of these years, and what they were being used to make. Personally I think that they knew EXACTLY what the stuff they were sending there was used for and were too pansy to send any French military in there to get gassed and have to explain to the French public that the chemical weapons that toasted their sons were made of French "agricultural supplies" that they sent off to the middle of the desert (as you know the Iraqi desert is the hotbed of the farming industry :twisted: ) in Iraq through some third country.

But now the best part is that they are crying that they want a part of rebuilding Iraq and that the US and Britain who footed the bill, in both dollars and lives, to free the Iraqi citizens shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Do I hate all of the French...no (although the Jerry Lewis thing puts me close to the edge )

Do I hate the French governments actions since the beginning of this...Hell yeah, and more so now that I found out a little bit about the backhanded stuff they've been pulling.
Old 04-16-2003, 02:57 PM
eq-chris
Sarnak

The majority of chemical weapons components sold to the Iraqis was during the early 80's by the Reagan administration. Want to know why Rumsfeld knows so much about Saddam? Check out the smiling photos taken of the two of them together. the Bush administration is giving you guys a puppet show, and your being entertained. Don't try to solve the real questions, your not smart enough, which is why your arguing the point on a message board devoted to an online RPG emulator.

Go back to sleep you tools.