Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Domel
Fire Beetle

Default Adventure Lockouts

After I finished an adventure today, it took a good 45 - 50 min for the database tables :adventure_details and adventure_members to clear out to allow me to grab another adventure. The adventure window said "You cannot request an adventure because you are still resting from your last one." (SoF and Titanium[tho I didnt time how long in titanium])

Also, The rescue mission despawns your pet when you hail the npc to rescue (with no monsters nearby). From the message I got at that point I presume it was intentional ? Is there a way to have him follow you without killing fluffy or is it too much of a bugger to do ?
Old 06-09-2009, 07:45 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

The rest timer is hardcoded into the server as KLS can correct me if I am wrong, but I also believe the client enforces it as well. That means we couldn't change it if we wanted to.

On Live, rescue missions do indeed depop your pet when the NPC begins to follow you. To change that behavior would require a code change.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:51 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Yet another reason rescue missions were, shall we say, less than popular?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:18 PM
KLS
Administrator

We could change the timer if we wanted. It's set to 30 minutes in the strings file so that's what I set it to.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:52 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

umm 30 min wait timer on regular LDON?
I remeber my LDON days and when I was on LDOn rampage trying to get my 1492 points Guk tunic I once did 8 LDONS runs in 1 day.
It was defently not a 30 min wait time between missions. As soon as we finished we would go out and immiditaly pick a new one.

There was a hard wait timer on a FAILED mission when you were waiting for your corpses to pop out after instance have closed itself - now that one was 30 min. I remember how we once failed the mission, and half of the group left WIHOUT exiting the adventure so the other half was stuck waiting for 30 min for instance to release our corpses.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Domel
Fire Beetle

Ooooo, I didn't know it killed the pet on live. Now that I think of it, I dont recall ever doing a LDoN rescue mission, no one ever wanted to do it, I seem to recall people complaining about the pathing and losing the NPC. Other rescue types on live didnt kill my pet tho, like rescue Cierco. But thats cool.

I was hoping to be able to adjust the timer so I could test easier.

So far this Adventure system is looking awesome KLS, nice job
Old 06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
joligario
Developer

I seem to remember a wait timer on successful mission, but it is from the initial request time, not the completion time. So if you could do an adventure in 10 minutes, you had to wait 20 more to get the next one. The deal was, most adventures were still ongoing when the original wait timer expired. So you would hardly ever see a wait timer.
Old 06-10-2009, 08:28 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

yep thats feels about right.
I defently didn't had to wait 30 min between full adventures which run its entire course

But this is not why we need a custom lock out timer- its to set LONGER lock out time- like couple days on special raid zones