Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:33 AM
Bootman
Fire Beetle

Smile Looking for a server I can be a GM on for reverse engineering confirmation

Hey all. Long story short, I have written a C# exporter and importer from S3D and WLD files to a Unity readable format.

Currently, it imports the zone geometry, collision geometry, objects (with collision), lights (with lightmap baking), doors (with function and sound), ambient sounds (with correct distance and type calculations) and music. I am trying to test the accuracy of everything I have developed and as I have no current server to do so, I have to guess. Is there anyone with a server I can hop on and test as a GM?

Currently, I need to test the night/day cycle and door timing but I will need to verify a bunch more.

This project will be open sourced as soon as I have a bit more developed and have some of the remaining bugs cleaned up.

This project is in active development and I would love to keep it going.

Thank you
Old 10-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Yard Dogg
Sarnak

With all due respect, I am curious. You have that kind of skill and knowledge,
but you're not in a position to setup your own test server ?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Bootman
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yard Dogg View Post
With all due respect, I am curious. You have that kind of skill and knowledge,
but you're not in a position to setup your own test server ?
Fair question. I have set up an EQEmu server in the past but don't have the hardware currently to do it. Running the server locally on a machine and the EQ client is difficult as I am down to just one underpowered laptop. Hence, I came here and hoped someone would let me jump on with them
Old 10-09-2017, 05:47 PM
Zaela_S
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootman View Post
Running the server locally on a machine and the EQ client is difficult as I am down to just one underpowered laptop.
How underpowered are we talking here? A local one-zone-at-a-time test server doesn't take much in the way of resources. If you have an eMMC and disk space is at a premium, you can leave out the Line of Sight map files which are by far the biggest space hogs. $400 laptops were my mainstay for a long time...
Old 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Bootman
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
How underpowered are we talking here? A local one-zone-at-a-time test server doesn't take much in the way of resources. If you have an eMMC and disk space is at a premium, you can leave out the Line of Sight map files which are by far the biggest space hogs. $400 laptops were my mainstay for a long time...
This laptop cost me around 300 euro. Was just looking to jump on with someone but maybe this isn't as easy or straightforward as I thought. Thank you anyway.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:17 PM
Uleat
Developer

I was using a 2010 toshiba laptop to dev on (intel i3 2.27GHz [M350]) with 2gb ram and a standard low-speed spindle hd.

It was solo'able for the most part..though, I did have a lot of graphics options turned down.

The guys made some changes over the last year that really brought down the server's cpu load.

Most of what you'll going to be dealing with is the client itself.

Note: If you're experiencing longer than 30-second zone times and your client is 'disconnecting' after 1-2 minutes, try enabling 'use map mmfs' in cmake.

[http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...d.php?t=40805]

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-13-2017, 08:41 AM
smokedog
Fire Beetle

I would be happy to do that for you. Been goofing around with one this week so it should be up all weekend if you still need. Make a character on fillory and dm me the account name and I will make it GM status.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:20 AM
Bootman
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedog View Post
I would be happy to do that for you. Been goofing around with one this week so it should be up all weekend if you still need. Make a character on fillory and dm me the account name and I will make it GM status.
Really appreciate it. PM sent.