Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::News

General::News EQemu news posts.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:48 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
As long as you copy the files, build the login server binary and update your configuration files, I don't see a problem.

I'm not sure how the repack starts the eqemu processes, so you would either need to add the login server to any provided startup batch file, or..
manually start the login server before initiating any start-up process.

It never hurts to make back-up copies of any files that you alter, for worst case scenarios.
Oh I see, Ok I'll get back to you once I dig into that...
Old 02-01-2015, 08:21 AM
krazycrakker
Fire Beetle

Default fresh install no working .exe

I wiped my laptop. did a fresh install of this repack on win 7 ultimate 64bit. i followed the instructions and read this forum but could not get it to work. when i double click the start.bat i get 1 window with 4 lines clearing text. then it just freezes. if i right click and run as admin it tries to open the .exe's but tells me that they cant be located...any ideas?
Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Default Compiling New Version

When trying to compile the newest version using Repack as the base install I run into some problems with CMake that seem to be related to x64 version of Maria DB. I tried installing MySQL 32 bit with developer tools and had it add the paths.

When I make i still get this error.

Code:
CMake Error at C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:138 (message):
  Could NOT find MySQL (missing: MySQL_LIBRARY_DEBUG MySQL_LIBRARY_RELEASE
  MySQL_INCLUDE_DIR)
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  C:/Program Files (x86)/CMake/share/cmake-3.1/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:374 (_FPHSA_FAILURE_MESSAGE)
  cmake/FindMySQL.cmake:72 (FIND_PACKAGE_HANDLE_STANDARD_ARGS)
  CMakeLists.txt:306 (FIND_PACKAGE)
If i choose Visual Studio 12 x64 I don't run into any problems. why I was thinking it might be something to do with the 64 bit mariaDB. THis is great on the cmake side not so much on the VS side.

EDIT::: I was trying to make with x64 dependencies. I must have overlooked that go me!
Old 02-07-2015, 03:30 PM
lazril
Fire Beetle

I would like to know how to give myself Worldflag access in making me GM of my own server using this pack .
Old 02-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazril View Post
I would like to know how to give myself Worldflag access in making me GM of my own server using this pack .
open up heidi sql, (grab pw from your server config file).

Go to accounts table, find your account set it to 255.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:19 PM
lazril
Fire Beetle

tyvm for the info , but it tells me when I try to log in to MySQL that access is denied
for user root
Old 02-07-2015, 05:21 PM
lazril
Fire Beetle

well I have it accessed but under the accounts im not seeing my name or toons name any help would be appreciated .
Old 02-07-2015, 07:46 PM
Bohbo
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazril View Post
well I have it accessed but under the accounts im not seeing my name or toons name any help would be appreciated .
you should see your loginserver account name under accounts / data tab
Old 02-12-2015, 02:07 PM
aoneone81
Fire Beetle

Default This is AMAZING!

I have to say, this is the most stable repack ever. I had this server installed on my old laptop running Vista x64 and it's flawless! It's been running for 2 weeks straight now, not a single crash yet and no lag either and I log in from my other desktop computers just like Live and I'm giddy like a mofo!

So far I adjusted everything to Live style, removed all fabled monsters, have all classic spells and icons, old classic graphics, even adjusted the monster hit rates similar to Live. I finally figured out that whole ' mobs never misses bug' and I'm back to being addicted all over again. I am multi-boxing my own characters and it's just like Live. The mobs spawn and hit like Live, my characters act just like how Kunark expansion did back in 2001, my bard gives old school particle effects, my enchanter charms and mezzes correctly. I can do my Epics at my own pace without worrying about some other person taking my camps. It's a dream come true.

The only problem I have is when you're a GM, you have to try really hard to prevent yourself from cheating (looking up database for uber items, instant heal/mana refill etc) I'm so tempted and I even got my family and friends to join, lol that's another story, it's my own little world all over. I finally saw 'Ancient Cyclops' up for the first time without being camped to death, what a sight! BTW, I'm spending so many hours again that my fiance is beginning to become very KOS when she's around, anyways I need to do my Journeyman boots quest, thank you!

Last edited by aoneone81; 02-12-2015 at 03:46 PM.. Reason: Grammar check
Old 02-12-2015, 10:37 PM
Uleat
Developer

Best solution for a server admin who plays is to have discreet accounts

Compilin' Dirty
Old 02-14-2015, 12:06 PM
Toony
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toony View Post
I’m trying to troubleshoot Naxot Deepwater in Burning Woods, she’s just not popping (but Telin Darkforest is) here’s what I’ve tried or checked so far.

1, I was able to #dbspawn her but once I left the zone for a while she was gone when I came back.
2, I’ve verified the perl scripts for her are in the quests folder, those look ok
3, I have restarted the server and checked at 4am, 6am, 8am, 9am and 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 9pm game time etc. unless she’s popping for a few seconds and poofing I’m just not seeing her.

I guess what I could really use is some basic check x table or y folder for 1,2,3 type instruction and I should be able to get it. I did check the wiki but I’m not seeing anything this specific there.

Thanks for anything you might be able to provide that’ll point me in the right direction.
Updating my own post with a little more info, when I run

Code:
#spawnstatus 87002
I get "No matching spawn id was found in this zone".

Does that indicate some other prerequisite to spawn Naxot hasn't been met?
Old 02-15-2015, 08:06 PM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

Default Cant log into heidi

I would like to edit the rules table, however I cannot log in to edit the sql. when I open heidi there is nothing there. if i make a new connection using the very long pw (is it supposed to be that way?) out of the eqemu_config it gives me an access is denied for user root. Any tips on how to get around this? im guessing im not doing something simple that is preventing it.
Old 02-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Azrealvect
Sarnak

Nevermind can we delete this post please? I figured it out
Old 02-16-2015, 02:21 AM
qumdaan
Fire Beetle

Default Windows 10

Thanks Akkadius, awesome package...
Has anyone installed Akkas Repack with Windows 10?
I don't think there should be any issues but just checking to see if anyone has had a problem.

Cheers Qumdaan
Old 02-16-2015, 10:18 PM
Siltene
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by qumdaan View Post
Thanks Akkadius, awesome package...
Has anyone installed Akkas Repack with Windows 10?
I don't think there should be any issues but just checking to see if anyone has had a problem.

Cheers Qumdaan
Yes - and so far, no issues that aren't Win10 strangeness (navigation is a bit odd for those of us that didn't migrate from 7 to 8/8.1)