Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 12-25-2015, 10:21 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

Default Arena2 PvP Flag

Hopefully this is the correct place for this.

When you zone into arena2, using either "#zone arena2" or just running into that section of the zone from Arena you get a message saying you've entered a PvP area and your PvP flag set.

What I can't figure out is where this is getting set.

There's nothing in the quest/arena directory that does this. There's an NPC in the database for Arena (zone 77) with a name something like #________ but I can't find any script attached to it.

I've spent several hours sifting through the code in the source/zone directory and not finding anything that's hard coded.

What I'd like to do is remove whatever is causing it to be set. I run a private server for friends and none of us are interested in PvP of any sort. I was thinking of making use of the zone to add some new ring style events for us to play with.

If anyone knows where this is getting set I'd appreciate if you could point me in the right direction.

Right now I'm using a player.pl file in both arena and arena2 that just issues the "quest::pvp('off');" command on entering the zone. This works to remove the flag but I'm still getting the message that I'm entering a PvP area.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:00 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Zones (the actual s3d/eqg files) have flags for areas like water, lava, etc. One thing that can be flagged is a pvp area. The inside area of the arena is flagged that way. The message is coming from the client and the only way I can think of to stop it is to change the zone itself.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:14 PM
Sisca
Fire Beetle

That's what I was afraid of.

I don't really want to go through the hassle of editing a zone file that I then have to send to my players just to turn off a message so I guess I'll live with it.

As I said I'm able to unset the actual PvP flag using a player.pl file for the zone so that solves my problem.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:56 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

You're welcome. Sorry the news wasn't better.

Tags
arena, arena2, pvp