Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

View Poll Results: Should I?
Yes 37 97.37%
No 1 2.63%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Default EQEmu Setup Program(s)?

Would anyone be interested in me FTPing a packaged eqemu setup program... well not really a single program, however very easy to follow instructions that will do all of the hard stuff for you. It will save you having to deal with mysql and the hand editing of files.
Old 01-10-2005, 03:23 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

If you can manage to package MySQL setup and all that into it, it'd be terrific.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 01-10-2005, 08:44 AM
fathernitwit
Developer

I have considered making an installer with the following all set up:

eqemu
mysql
apache
php
perl + IO::Scalar
minilogin
with all the little files, directories, etc... all set up to connect to local host mysql.
and a little text file telling them how to configure the boot bat file.

And in an ideal world:
peq_editor set up under apache
winCVS and a copy of PEQ's quest pack checked out from CVS for easy updating.

That would be the ultimate EQEMU installer... the reasoning behind all of the other pieces are those are things that people generally need to set up if they run their own eqemu server. A lot of people want to write quests or work on the database, but they arnt apt enought to setup and install all the above software. This is one of many many projects I have on my list of things to do but I do not have enough time to do right now. If you were to put this together, I know I would put it to use for PEQ team members, and would be greatly in your debt.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Cisyouc
Demi-God

Hmm.. Interesting project.

Is MFC ok? :P
namespace retval { template <class T> class ReturnValueGen { private: T x; public: ReturnValueGen() { x = 0; }; T& Generator() { return x; }; }; } int main() { retval::ReturnValueGen<int> retvalue; return retvalue.Generator(); }
C++ is wonderful.
Old 01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
Malignus Wingnut
Hill Giant

Dunno who that question was directed at heh... I'm really going oldskool on my project, I dont know enough c++ to help me so I'm coding all the auto ini file editing programs in QBasic ^^.

I'm about half done, should see me posting a link for dl within a week or so.
Old 01-14-2005, 04:14 PM
toolfan
Fire Beetle

This would be a great idea. Just trying to get all the needed files downloaded is a huge pain in the ass anyways aswell. So I would totally support this.