Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:41 PM
Rubilario
Fire Beetle

Default Unable to connect to character screen

Whenever I try to connect to EQEMU server, it boots me out before I can get to the character screen. It kicks me back to the login screen. I have Satellite internet and all firewalls are off.

The EMU server admin gave me the following from his log files:

5189 [03.05. - 22:24:33] [WORLD__CLIENT] New connection from 72.173.96.107:2924
5189 [03.05. - 22:24:34] [NET__ERROR] 72.173.96.107:2924: Received OP_SessionRequest in ESTABLISHED state (0)
5189 [03.05. - 22:24:34] [NET__IDENTIFY] Unable to identify stream from 72.173.96.107:2924 before it closed.

I checked with my ISP and they are not blocking any ports. I am going through a router, but connected to my satellite modem directly with the same problem. I also tried multiple machines with no luck. I connected to the internet with a wireless broadband (Sprint Aircard) and was able to connect to the server, so that would seem to eliminate any issues with the PC itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:44 PM
bjaune
Fire Beetle

I am having the same problem, where just last night I could get on, but today, the whole game crashes before I can get to the character selection screen. I am running through a router as well, but using cable internet. Is this a file problem, internet problem, or am I going to end up having to reinstall the whole game?

Any help anyone could provide would be appreciated.
Old 03-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

I was recently helping a friend get connected for Project1999, she had the same issue. It was due to a spell file issue oddly enough.

Ensure you have the appropriate files downloaded for play on your server. Failing that, reinstall Titanium.
Old 03-06-2009, 02:16 PM
bjaune
Fire Beetle

So re-downloading the spell file for the server I play on should take care of the problem? (I am still confused as to why the same spell file was working fine just 9 hours ago but is broken now) Thanks for the help
Old 03-07-2009, 03:07 AM
Rubilario
Fire Beetle

I don't think it's a file issue, others can connect to the server.

I am able to connect with wireless aircard on same PC, but not through satellite internet through router.
Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

I've seen this most commonly when an interface has more than one IP address and the address you specify in the config.xml file does not match the address the world server actually used.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:36 AM
VlaAra
Fire Beetle

I have the same problem - it probably has to do with the wireless type internets.
Old 04-20-2009, 12:58 AM
MattWitt
Fire Beetle

I am having the same issue, any word on this?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:11 PM
MattWitt
Fire Beetle

Still no answer to this problem?
Old 04-26-2009, 06:42 PM
trevius
Developer

Mattwitt, can you give some specifics to your particular issue? There are multiple reasons why people might have similar problems to the one in this thread. What type of internet connection do you have? What server(s) have you tried connecting to? Do they always fail 100% of the time, or can you get logged in sometimes? Are you running a dual core CPU? Are you running a legal copy (installed directly from the retail CDs/DVDs) of Titanium?

Any other information you can provide would be helpful. The more info, the better.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:04 PM
MattWitt
Fire Beetle

Cable ISP. Multiple servers. Had the game worked fine then i had to reformat my computer and when i reinstalled the game it worked once and then i have been unable to get it to work since. Yes i have dual core and have done the fixes for that. Yes it is a legit copy.

It will freeze up when trying to login to a server, and goes back to the main login screen.
Old 04-27-2009, 12:03 AM
trevius
Developer

Uninstall Titanium and delete the entire directory. Then, reinstall it again. That is probably the best thing you can try atm. If you happened to patch even for just 1 second, it will cause this issue.
Old 04-27-2009, 09:12 AM
circuitdragon79
Fire Beetle

Any chance that you are running Vista? I'm only noting this because I have seen this, even on mine. When I would load the game, the screen would flash just once with the Windows Firewall message, blocking the game. The fun part was, after clicking to unblock from that one, it goes back to the game, and never lets you see that there was a second message, for the same thing. And so, without seeing the second message, it still blocks EQ. Might just be my setup, not sure. The Windows LiveOne Care works very nice with Vista, but does seem to do a "double firewall"...just a thought, and some info for anyone else who may want to try to alt-tab at the login screen to see if there are some messages poping up as you login, or try to.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 AM
MattWitt
Fire Beetle

I uninstalled EQ then i deleted the entire Sony folder and reinstalled, still having the same problem. what now? ( I am using XP)
Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM
trevius
Developer

Make sure you have your Windows Firewall and another other firewall turned off and maybe try disabling any other security programs you have running.

Also, if you are running P2P or Torrent programs, kill those. They can eat up all of your bandwidth and definitely cause issues like this. Also, if your router is wireless, you may want to see if anyone else is connected to it. I just got done helping someone tighten down their router wireless security a bit and it stopped a very similar problem that they were having. Apparently, someone else was piggy-backing their router and probably running P2P and eating up all of their bandwidth.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that it might still be a dual core issue or a port issue.