Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Development > Archive::Database/World Building

Archive::Database/World Building Archive area for General Discussion's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 06-07-2003, 01:29 PM
Krathis
Sarnak

Error: EMuShareMem: pDLLLoadDoors: iMaxDoorID > MMF_MAX_Door_ID
You need to increase the define in Doors.h.

sorry, but i got this error with that stuff.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:48 PM
Krathis
Sarnak

its definatly the 4.4ddr1 thats causing it. i loaded 4.3 and it gives no errors. so this doesn't work for 4.4ddr1
Old 06-07-2003, 01:55 PM
Krathis
Sarnak

going to experament a bit, but 4.3 doesn't give any errors but at the same time nuthing is showing in game.
Old 06-07-2003, 05:31 PM
Krathis
Sarnak

Ok, this is getting me very upset. i've tried everything and all im getting is either nuthing or bags. I realy could use some help here. but the only one thats willing to help is Lurker_005. Where are the once that did the other zones? Im trying to make this emu complete. spent 3 days trying to get this to work.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:18 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

The doors that are in DB.sql I think were packer collected a long time ago. The ones I posted, and those in the DB Addon are converted from the eqcollectors database (hackersquest data)

I havn't been keeping up with the changes in the current code, perhaps I'll have time to see about getting everything up to date and check things out myself in game.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:50 AM
Krathis
Sarnak

Thanks for your help. seems nobody else cares or willing to help.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:09 AM
Krathis
Sarnak

Lurker_005, have you done any testing on this yet? would realy like to get these in the game.
Old 06-09-2003, 04:31 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Fixed.. And I broke all your databases in the process.

You'll need to convert the heading fields to float, extend the name field to 16, and add
varchar(16) dest_zone
float's dest_x,dest_y,dest_z,dest_heading

The good news is now door objects can actualy teleport you, inner and inter zone =)
Old 06-10-2003, 12:36 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

First Yea for fixing it!

Boo for breaking the existing DB's

*EDIT* realized what you meant about changing heading to a float :p I assume heading is in the range of 0 - 512 ( corasponds to 0-360 degrees) or were you really nice and made it a degree value like npc headings?

If someone can get me a nice lest of items that you click on to teleport, with the items locand zone are, dest zone, and dest loc/heading I'll see about getting a new doors table generated.

Oh and while I think about it, lift data: loc, startz endz trigger loc(s) and I'll try to get that into it also.

I'll probably generate the doors, and release it then start adding the new data to it.
Old 06-10-2003, 12:57 PM
Trumpcard
Demi-God

BP, I made an update SQL in release, could you modify it with the other changes?

put the new fields from the ST comments, but didnt realize there were any ALTER's
Old 06-11-2003, 06:01 AM
Bigpull
Discordant

Ok i added the alter for the name and heading and added the example pok doors then changed my mind and removed them because of the incorrect format headings

If someone could convert that DecToFloat into a mysql function so it can be pasted into the door updater.... =)
Old 06-11-2003, 07:11 AM
DeletedUser
Fire Beetle

Lurker could you please update the doors asap, and the change was made because the original way the heading was set was wrong. EQ uses a float when we were using an int16.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:16 AM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

I'll post new doors tonight when I get home.
Old 06-11-2003, 04:07 PM
Lurker_005
Demi-God

OK got the new doors uploaded

http://lurker.eqemu.net/DBFiles/doors-06112003.zip

It drops the doors and objects table, then loads em back up. I included the updates for gfaydark lifts at the end. If anyone gets more working, please foward the updates in the same format to me.

Things I noticed that I havn't heard talked about before:
- Lift height isn't working. They always seem to go to the same height from their starting place 68.0 in the z acording to #loc
- Objects direction isn't working, they all face the same direction regardless of what is in the DB.
Old 06-11-2003, 05:34 PM
IAsoulfood
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker_005
OK got the new doors uploaded

http://lurker.eqemu.net/DBFiles/doors-06112003.zip

It drops the doors and objects table, then loads em back up. I included the updates for gfaydark lifts at the end. If anyone gets more working, please foward the updates in the same format to me.

Things I noticed that I havn't heard talked about before:
- Lift height isn't working. They always seem to go to the same height from their starting place 68.0 in the z acording to #loc
- Objects direction isn't working, they all face the same direction regardless of what is in the DB.
Heya bud couldnt help but inform ya what an awesome and fast job you did here, but one small issue I'm workin on.
In order to zone anyone importing database must also add the following:
destin_zone, dest_x, dest_y, and dest_x minimum for the zones to accept them.
Otherwise: "Zone is not ready to receive you" pop's up.
The database for doors is extremely well organized and I truly appreciate all your hard work.
Keepin it real =)
Soulfood (Ex-Kane Bayle)
Pantora (Ex-Kane Bayle)