Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 11-05-2017, 04:25 PM
Movement
Sarnak

Default Reebo Leafsway/Rivervale/Shakey Quest

Ok so as OCD as I am, I dont like broken quests or quests that are incomplete. I know this might be a nothingburger to some of you but its annoying to me, so take that for whatever its worth.

In Rivervale there is a druid GM named Reebo Leafsway. If you hail shakey the scarecrow, it points you to talk to Reebo who is likely standing next to him. If you say (to Reebo) "what shakey?", he talks to you about going after getting his hay or head replaced.

Much to my chagrin when he gets to the "Cazic-Thule" part the dialogue (for the HAY quest) he breaks and he doesnt respond to any further links. Links like "Cazic-Thule".
(He will respond to other links for other quests just not to Cazic-Thule nor Feerrott.)

So I delved into this quest in the rivervale folder and found his file and thought I would add the dialogue and keyword phrases.

What I added is below:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

elseif(e.message:findi("Cazic-Thule")) then
e.self:Say("Cazic-Thule is the dark deity of fear. He is worshiped by many evil beings. There is believed to be a ruined temple dedicated to him deep in the [" .. eq.say_link("Feerrott",false,"Feerott") .. "]. That would be a good place to look for one of his high priests.");
elseif(e.message:findi("Feerrott")) then
e.self:Say("The Feerrott is a vast rain forest in southwestern Antonica. It is home to many lizardman tribes.");

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have checked this several times. Cazic-Thule is indeed in the "saylink" table, but Feerrott was not. I added Feerrott into the links table along with what I added above and rebooted my server. Logged in and tried the say links "Feerott" and "Cazic-Thule" (without the quotes)... nothing. He just stands there looking at me like I am an idiot. (I am I know, but still).

Does anyone with quest experience have any idea what I did wrong? This seems simple, and its likely a file or a setting somewhere else that makes a call to this file and I just have to change that as well. Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Ok I got the Feerrott portion to work, but the cazic-thule version is not.

Edit: Ok so I found something. The dash "-" in the keyword/link "Cazic-Thule" was causing the keyword/link to not respond. Only by accidentally typing "what CazicThule" was I able to get him to show me "Cazic-Thule is the dark deity of fear. He is worshiped by many evil beings. There is believed to be a ruined temple dedicated to him deep in the [" .. eq.say_link("Feerrott",false,"Feerott") .. "]. That would be a good place to look for one of his high priests.");"

Can anyone tell me why a dash in a keyword/link would cause the script to halt or not progress?

Edit: It's fixed! What I did was just remove the dash/hyphen in all instances of the lua for reebo leafsway and its now working 100%.

Mental note: hyphens/dashes in keywords/links breaks the script.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:01 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Not fixed, just worked around a bug. Not sure what the bug is :P