Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Packet
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k View Post
Didn't Windcatcher have a program that converted a bmp to an image with transparency by adding the alpha layer? I think it came with OpenZone. Maybe it has some clues.
It was built-in to OpenZone, definitely. We could use a material which had two textures. One as the diffuse and the other as the opacity map (the black and white cuttout).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela_S View Post
Yeah you're right, I tried in game myself and it doesn't seem to respect alpha. I have no idea again. Nothing jumps out at me. The shader does seem like a logical place to look, though.

Whoops, laziness. I just put up a quick fix.
Yeah. I was surprised PNG's worked though so that's good. I think I'm going to install a dds plugin for photoshop cs6 so that I can work with the native texture format now that you've confirmed that I'm not insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLS View Post
Code:
Mat: brnch Alpha_MPLBumpAT.fx
prop: e_TextureDiffuse0 Di_Birch_branch03.dds
prop: e_TextureNormal0 Di_Birch_branch01_n.dds
prop: e_TextureCoverage0 oakcover.dds
prop: e_TextureFallback0 Di_Birch_branch03.dds
prop: e_fCoverageScale0 0.050000
There's the tree branches on the birch trees from Nektulos.
Interesting. I'll try this again tomorrow and see if I can get this to come out. I suppose the first step is taking out all of these textures and examine which one is which and does what. The normal is obviously the bump mapping and the diffuse is the actual texture itself. So the only thing left is the Fallback & Coverage. I've seen coverage on materials without any alpha masking so I assume it's the fallback but I suppose we'll see tomorrow. Thanks for pointing this out KLS.

Formerly "Richardo"