Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:57 PM
utbbop
Sarnak

Default Client Stat Cap on Items - How do I modify?

Hello All,
Disclaimer: Extremely new to the custom server creation side of EQEMU.

I have done a solid hour of searching and cant seem to find a specific walk-through/guide on adjusting the clients ability to display stats over a certain value. At least nothing since 2013.

Example of my issues:
When I make an item and give it 500 STR it turns into a negative value when you inspect the item. Negative 2 IIRC.

The closest thing I have been able to find to fix this is a post stating I need to change Character:StatCap in rule_values but it doesn't seem to affect how the client shows these stats on items. I changed the value to 5000 and it didnt affect how it was displayed. It may only be adjusting the values behind the scenes or something.

I also saw a few posts about editing the "source" to achieve this but my server creation virginity has me at a standstill as I have no idea how to edit the "source" and dont see anything obvious in my HEIDISQL.

Anyone able to offer up some time to help me with this? Your help is much appreciated!

EDIT:
I am using the Underfoot Client and have set up my server using http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Akkas_P...epack&frm=Main
Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

You cannot modify the base stat cap, as it is an int8 in the client, meaning -128 to 127 are the only valid values. Heroics go much higher than base stats though, they're int32, so they can go from -2,147,483,648 to 2,147,483,647.
Old 01-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Drajor
Developer

KK is right on. Possible alternatives include using hidden augments or item effects. A server called Dungeon Crawl had (worn? focus?) effects on items that boosted stat caps, the same idea could apply to normal stats. It was a fun item mechanic for those who enjoy the item hunt.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:17 PM
NatedogEZ
Developer

You can use scaled items to create the illusion of items over 127 .. but requires a bit of source change to get it to work properly. Over on Eriyvyn items can scale to 2million STR lol.. (not that we let them go that high)

Meaning you would set the item to have 127 STR... and set the scale of the item in a quest to 2.0. Now the item will have 254 STR instead of 127
Old 01-21-2015, 01:25 PM
utbbop
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drajor View Post
KK is right on. Possible alternatives include using hidden augments or item effects. A server called Dungeon Crawl had (worn? focus?) effects on items that boosted stat caps, the same idea could apply to normal stats. It was a fun item mechanic for those who enjoy the item hunt.
Just to make sure I am understanding.

This worn/focus effect would allow the client to display stats over 127 on items?

Or this worn/focus effect only effects the back end processing/calculating of the stats?

Thanks for the clarification on this one.
Old 01-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Drajor
Developer

No the effects would not be displayed directly on the item, but when they equip the item their inventory window will display it correctly. Thats a good tip from Nate as well! Scaling unfortunately scales every stat (IIRC, Nate?) so it has limited use.