Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-31-2019, 06:45 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Default Merchants - Available Inventory... Something Weird

I read somewhere that merchants can support up to 80 items being sold at once. I made a few vendors that sell less than 50 items and for some reason, general players can't see all of the items available. Random items, seemingly without reason, are missing from the vendor.

However, if I approach the vendor with a GM enabled character, the GM toon can see every item listed in the database for the vendor to sell.

Is there a reason for this (and a way to fix it) or do I need to limit my vendors to several less items in order to keep everything available all at once?

Thank you.
Old 07-31-2019, 06:56 PM
Uleat
Developer

Make sure that your players don't have the `Only show items that I can use` checkbox marked.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 07-31-2019, 08:17 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Make sure that your players don't have the `Only show items that I can use` checkbox marked.
Did that. I even tested it myself. For instance, I made an NPC vendor that sells every Magician spell from 1 to 10 and Malachite. Roughly 42 items. On a newbie Magician, it showed approximately 35 of the spells (and Malachite) and 6 spells were missing altogether. When I brought over my GM character, all 42 of the items were available to him.

I had a similar issue with vendors that I setup to sell newbie gear for every class. Certain pieces would be missing, like a cloak and shield, but then when the GM character came over they were all listed. I ended up doing a work around in those instances, by moving the cloak and shield to another vendor and then everyone could see them.

Is 80 the actual number of items supported or is it far less to have a vendor where everyone can see every item available? Or is there some kind of a hidden flag that the GM characters have but the players do not?
Old 07-31-2019, 09:23 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Poison Supplies merchant (in PoK) Loran_Thu`Leth has well over 100 items and I can see them all with a non-gm toon. Are you running shared_memory after creating new items, spells, etc., and putting them on merchants ? Also, once in awhile, I run into a little glitch, where simply running shared doesn't do it. I've had to zone out/in sometimes, but also a couple times I had to restart server, because running shared wasn't enough. Only happens once in awhile. Isolated incidents, who knows.... I live with it.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:19 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
Poison Supplies merchant (in PoK) Loran_Thu`Leth has well over 100 items and I can see them all with a non-gm toon. Are you running shared_memory after creating new items, spells, etc., and putting them on merchants ? Also, once in awhile, I run into a little glitch, where simply running shared doesn't do it. I've had to zone out/in sometimes, but also a couple times I had to restart server, because running shared wasn't enough. Only happens once in awhile. Isolated incidents, who knows.... I live with it.
I've never heard of that shared_memory thing. Does that apply even for putting items that are already in the database on NPCs?
Old 07-31-2019, 10:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Lots of resources on the github wiki. One example, applying changes/reloading data, etc. - https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki...r-Data-Loading

shared_memory.exe is an executable file in your server folder. It's usually run from the start.bat when you first start your server. It loads base data, faction, items, spells, etc.
Old 07-31-2019, 10:43 PM
joligario
Developer

If I remember right, when there is a gap in slot numbers, it will stop listing there.
Old 07-31-2019, 11:41 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
shared_memory.exe is an executable file in your server folder. It's usually run from the start.bat when you first start your server. It loads base data, faction, items, spells, etc.
Yeah, I just tried running it manually to see if it did anything differently. It's the same message that pops up at the top every time I start the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joligario View Post
If I remember right, when there is a gap in slot numbers, it will stop listing there.
I was very careful to make sure every slot number was filled and went in order. (Even double checked them when you posted this.) The issue is very weird and doesn't seem to have a pattern. Random spells will be missing, and spells in slots after them will be listed.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:58 PM
Uleat
Developer

UF and earlier clients are limited to 80 merchant slots.

HoT and later (RoF, RoF2) support 200 merchant slots.

Is everyone on the same client version?

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-03-2019, 04:42 PM
whiteknight33
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
UF and earlier clients are limited to 80 merchant slots.

HoT and later (RoF, RoF2) support 200 merchant slots.

Is everyone on the same client version?
Yes. Everyone is using the RoF2 client.
Old 08-05-2019, 12:09 AM
Uleat
Developer

Here's an interesting link showing a similar behavior: http://peqtgc.com/forums/index.php?t...72/#post-69279

I'll check the code tonight and see if that was changed.

EDIT: And it goes back to what JJ was saying.

Compilin' Dirty