Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-27-2019, 04:23 AM
Seungkyu
Fire Beetle

Default What am I doing wrong?

Everything regarding a private server seems to lead to "https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server" so I will speak based on this link.

My problem is after setting everything up, I either don't see my server listed, or I double click the Everquest icon and I get a "Could not establish a connection" error.

Here is what I did step by step.

1. Extract EQEmu Server Installer Files

2. Run eqemu_install.bat as admin twice. The first time it runs for about 10 seconds and closes whenever I press any key. The second time it installs other folders and maps, etc.

3. Rename the server as "Zeta server"

I run the server, then look on my P99 linked EQ account and see all the servers, but no "Zeta server"

So I try the LAN description.

4. Get IPV4 Address from IPCONFIG in CMD.

5. Edit Login.ini-> Local Network to my IPV4 address

6. In eqemu_config.json I change the host to my IPV4 address

7. In my separately installed non p99 titanium client I change the host in eqhost.txt to my IPV4 Address:5999

8. I run the server with login bat.

9. Click on the Non p99 seperate titanium client Everquest shortcut. "Could not establish a connection" error.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and the youtube videos seem to show installation of an older model based on wikis no longer available.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:15 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Is the server actually running? All windows opened with no errors?

P99 has nothing to do with the account, but if you see other servers I am assuming you're using an eq emu login account.

Does your non p99 client have the correct eq host info?

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Play_Gu...etting_Started

I would assume if you see other servers it's not client related, but rather the server is not actually running. If you see no servers the client probably has issues. I have had working clients stop working... I usually just reinstall it. There is sometimes an issue that servers don't populate but restarting the client usually fixes the issue.

Really would need more info to not just guess. But if you set your server the 2nd time around to login server you need to point your client to the loginserver.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:05 AM
Dhaymion
Fire Beetle

I didn't see you mention that you've done any of the required port forwarding. If you are trying to login through the eqemulator.org login, you'll need to do that for the server to show up in the server list. Unless you want to play on your private LAN only, I'd also change your eqhost.txt file back to the eqemulator.org setup if you intend to use that for a login server.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:00 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seungkyu View Post
7. In my separately installed non p99 titanium client I change the host in eqhost.txt to my IPV4 Address:5999
Titanium eqhost needs to point towards port 5998 (not 5999)
Old 06-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Seungkyu
Fire Beetle

I have two separate EQ clients installed. One for the EQEmu and the other for LAN attempt.

When I start the server, I have two different errors.
[Error] Error parsing message from client: bad allocation
[Error] Handle_NewLSInfo error, remote address was null, defaulting to stream address "IPV4"

I also tried changing the Titanium EQhost at port 5998, still can't connect to the server.

I'm giving up on the LAN aspect, what port forwarding is required to login through the eqemulator.org?
Old 06-28-2019, 06:00 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

If your expectation is playing on a computer that's on the same network... No ports need to be opened for that. A good way to check if the issue is server side is try playing on the same computer. If the server doesn't show up it's not set up properly... Assuming your client works on other servers. I've never used the installer but the .json file is ready to go other than server name from an install using eqemuserver.pl file.

If you want people outside to login, I am not sure but the FAQ shows

Make sure you have Port RANGE Forwarding setup to forward ports 7000 to 7500, 9000 to 9000 and optionally 9080 to 9080 to your server's LAN IP Address.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:42 PM
phreakinsane
Fire Beetle

Did you ever get it working Seungkyu?

I am having an identical issue. I am on the same computer I set the server up on. I believe my issue is SQL related though. Through the various guides and threads I discovered while utilizing HeidiSQL that I do not have tblLoginServerAccounts nor the other tbl entry that one of the threads had shown (I cant seem to find that thread atm)

I believe this is likely my issue:

" [Error] Mysql query failed: SELECT LoginServerID, AccountPassword FROM tblLoginServerAccounts WHERE AccountName = 'myaccountname'
[Error] Mysql query failed: INSERT INTO tblLoginServerAccounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) VALUES('myaccountname', '5fa3e95acc9600e2514741f80adba6b6a13b12e2', 'local_creation', NOW(), '127.0.0.1');
[Error] Error logging in, user myaccountname does not exist in the database.
"

I do not have any idea how to create the tblLoginServerAccount database.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can add this?

I did just discover another thread that may help. I am going to follow it to see if I can atleast see/join my own server on my own pc.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...9&postcount=14

I hope it helps someone. I'll follow up when I've tried it all.
Old 08-08-2019, 03:04 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

People just have to "read" the guide on the wiki : https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server
The private login server is a seperate setup. Scroll down on that wiki page to see instructions.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:51 PM
phreakinsane
Fire Beetle

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I've already "read" and "re-read" that and other guides. I believe you are referring to the instructions below

"Setting up the Loginserver for Local LAN" ?

I have followed those to a "T" and that is not my issue unfortunately. It is likely an oversight on my part though.. I still cannot figure out how to add tblLoginServerAccounts to my database. I am using HeidiSQL.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 08-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

In that setup guide, it states "perl eqemu_server.pl setup_loginserver". Did you do that ? That will install those tbllogin tables. If you have done that, and the tables are not sourcing in, then something is not working properly, possibly on your end. Unless everyone else has had the same prob.
Old 08-09-2019, 03:11 PM
phreakinsane
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huppy View Post
In that setup guide, it states "perl eqemu_server.pl setup_loginserver". Did you do that ? That will install those tbllogin tables. If you have done that, and the tables are not sourcing in, then something is not working properly, possibly on your end. Unless everyone else has had the same prob.
Once again, thank you for your time Huppy.

I didn't run that command before, as right before it gives that command it states that it is supposed to already have been ran. But I did run it to make sure. Those tables still are not present in HeidiSQL.

This is pulled from that guide right before that command:

"The windows installer already pulls down pre-compiled Loginserver binaries, but if you need to download them again for any reason, you can issue the following command:"

I agree with your thought process that unless many others are having the same issue it must be something on my side. I plan on wiping my SSD and trying it fresh. I just need to have the time to do it.

It may be implied already, but I should note that I can access my EQEMU account and load/play some of the online servers. So I know that my username/password are valid through EQEMU.

As I've already mentioned, I am only having issues when I try to access my own server. Being redundant here, but since it points to the TBL database on the error I've mentioned above I think if I can figure out how to manually add those tables to the database through HeidiSQL or another program I think it will resolve the issue for me.

Does anyone have any idea how I could manually add the tbl tables using HeidiSQL or another SQL program? I am new to SQL but am willing to do the legwork if someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks again for all your time/assistance!

Happy hunting fellow EQ'ers
Old 08-09-2019, 05:40 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

You would have to run an sql query within your database to manually insert those tables. You could copy and paste the following BUT FIRST, edit the text highlighted in yellow, for usernames, passwords, server long name, shortname, etc. (some of these values have to match what is in your server config file as well)
I use Navicat (premium) to access my database, do editing and run queries. I have no idea what others are commonly using.
Code:
DROP TABLE IF EXISTS loginserver_server_accounts;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS loginserver_server_accounts (
  LoginServerID integer unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  AccountName varchar(30) NOT NULL,
  AccountPassword varchar(50) NOT NULL,
  AccountCreateDate timestamp default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP NOT NULL,
  AccountEmail varchar(100) NOT NULL,
  LastLoginDate datetime NOT NULL,
  LastIPAddress varchar(15) NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (LoginServerID, AccountName)
) ENGINE=InnoDB;

insert into loginserver_server_accounts (AccountName, AccountPassword, AccountEmail, LastLoginDate, LastIPAddress) values('Admin', sha('password'), 'admin@somewhere.com', now(), '127.0.0.1');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS loginserver_server_list_type;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS loginserver_server_list_type (
	ServerListTypeID integer unsigned NOT NULL,
	ServerListTypeDescription varchar(20) NOT NULL,
	PRIMARY KEY (ServerListTypeID)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO loginserver_server_list_type (ServerListTypeID, ServerListTypeDescription) VALUES (1, 'Legends');
INSERT INTO loginserver_server_list_type (ServerListTypeID, ServerListTypeDescription) VALUES (2, 'Preferred');
INSERT INTO loginserver_server_list_type (ServerListTypeID, ServerListTypeDescription) VALUES (3, 'Standard');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS loginserver_server_admin_registration;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS loginserver_server_admin_registration (
	ServerAdminID integer unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
	AccountName varchar(30) NOT NULL,
	AccountPassword varchar(30) NOT NULL,
	FirstName varchar(40) NOT NULL,
	LastName varchar(50) NOT NULL,
	Email varchar(100) NULL,
	RegistrationDate datetime NOT NULL,
	RegistrationIPAddr varchar(15) NOT NULL,
	PRIMARY KEY (ServerAdminID, Email)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

INSERT INTO loginserver_server_admin_registration (AccountName, AccountPassword, FirstName, LastName, Email, RegistrationDate, RegistrationIPAddr) VALUES ('Admin', 'Password', 'Tom', 'Wilson', 'Tom.Wilson@gmail.com', now(), '0.0.0.0');

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS loginserver_world_server_registration;
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS loginserver_world_server_registration (
  ServerID integer unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
  ServerLongName varchar(100) NOT NULL,
  ServerTagDescription varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  ServerShortName varchar(25) NOT NULL,
  ServerListTypeID integer NOT NULL,
  ServerLastLoginDate datetime NULL,
  ServerLastIPAddr varchar(15) NULL,
  ServerAdminID integer NOT NULL,
  ServerTrusted integer NOT NULL,
  Note varchar(300) NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (ServerID, ServerLongName)
) ENGINE=InnoDB;

INSERT INTO loginserver_world_server_registration (ServerLongName, ServerTagDescription, ServerShortName, ServerListTypeID, ServerLastLoginDate, ServerLastIPAddr, ServerAdminID, ServerTrusted, Note) VALUES ('Server Long Name', 'A test server', 'servershortname', 1, now(), '0.0.0.0', 1, 0, 'This is a note for the test server');
Old 08-09-2019, 07:22 PM
Uleat
Developer

I ran across this issue (I think..) with someone else last night.

I'll go through the scripts and guides to see where we're missing up.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-09-2019, 07:39 PM
Uleat
Developer

Update: The script and related sqls seem to be ok name-wise. I'll keep digging.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 08-09-2019, 08:04 PM
Uleat
Developer

There are a couple of things in the "login server" setup that probably need to be changed...

In login.ini:
Code:
local_network = 192.168.197.129
should be
Code:
local_network = 192.168.197.
In eqemu_config.json, add:
Code:
          "world" : {
               "localaddress" : "192.168.197.129",

Those, obviously, need to be derived from your actual LAN IP address.

Are you guys trying to make a local LAN-only server?

Compilin' Dirty