Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-17-2018, 12:20 AM
John C
Sarnak

Default Zones Keys & Restrictions

Is anyone able to explain how zone restrictions work?

The zone table lists a "flag" column, which is usually null (which presumably means not limits) but is sometimes a 0, sometimes a 1, and sometimes text. As an example, when I removed "Trakanon Idol" from Sebilis and left it null, it didn't remove the restrictions so clearly something else is going on.

Text is unusual. I would have expected to find an item number for the item that is the key, but clearly that's not how it works. My next thinking was it was a bool and the text just was the same as 1 but more descriptive, but that doesn't appear to fit either.

On the keyring, the key number for the zone is the item number of the Idol so that connection is being made somewhere but not sure how that ties to the actual zone entrance. I looked for zone scripts or launcher/zonelauncher records but none of that seems to be there. I would really appreciate if someone could explain how this works.

And just to add one more wrinkle, I thought I could just add the key to various characters, but when I did I received the message "you are not yet experienced enough to pass through an interplanar portal". Grep can't find that in the server code, so it is apparently a client message that gets triggered when the zoning fails for a reason other than not having the key. Google searches suggested it might be related to character level or status, but minlevel and minstatus for Sebilis are both set to 0. Making someone a GM does get around this but again, clearly there is more going on than I understand. Appreciate anyone who can help me figure it all out.

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2018, 04:42 AM
Gnowm
Fire Beetle

And just to add one more wrinkle, I thought I could just add the key to various characters, but when I did I received the message "you are not yet experienced enough to pass through an interplanar portal"

Cant help with the rest but that sounds like lvl 46 old planes error
Old 08-17-2018, 05:09 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnowm View Post
And just to add one more wrinkle, I thought I could just add the key to various characters, but when I did I received the message "you are not yet experienced enough to pass through an interplanar portal"
I think that message is pretty much triggered whenever you are prevented from entering a zone, I know it definitely is given when there is a Status Requirement you have not met.
Old 08-17-2018, 09:17 AM
John C
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnowm
Cant help with the rest but that sounds like lvl 46 old planes error
Yes, I believe that is the origin of that message. In my case, the character was 51, so that shouldn't have been the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagulus2 View Post
I think that message is pretty much triggered whenever you are prevented from entering a zone, I know it definitely is given when there is a Status Requirement you have not met.
Agree. The message appears to be in the client and is apparently used whenever you pass the key requirements but are still rejected from entering.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:44 PM
John C
Sarnak

Making some progress. The key for Sebilis is handled by the door routine since it is a "click to enter" zone. I can see in the database where the key is identified (as expected by the item ID) and have traced everything through the door routine. It is working properly. The door orutine is passing me into the zoming routine, where it is apparently failing and pushing me back, causing me to land in the safe landing spot within Trakanon. All this happens when I am not a GM, so it has to be caused by something that gets overridden by GM priviledges. Still investigating and welcome any ideas from those who really know this stuff.
Old 08-17-2018, 04:45 PM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Ok; look at Emperor_Ganak.pl

When you get the key it also has "quest::set_zone_flag(89);"

89 happens to be the zoneidnumber of seb, so you cant just pick up the key, there is also a character flag to enter.

Which are probably stored in the zone_flags table.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:53 PM
John C
Sarnak

Thanks Dag. That was the key piece of info I needed. This all makes sense now. What I was failing to understand is that there are two distinct controls, not one. The door is controlled by the idol, and the zone flag is a separate control. To make it work, you have to either remove the zone flag flag in the zone table or add the zone flag for a character AND you also have to either have the idol, add the idol item id to the keyring table, or remove the lock on the door in the door table. Thanks for your help.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:10 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

So, how does Veeshan's Peak work? No door table entry, no flag in zones.
Old 08-20-2019, 11:46 AM
jsr
Hill Giant

Oops, I see it's handled in a quest script instead.