Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lane View Post
Any suggestions on how I can manipulate source from this easy installer?

I know the old install method is backlogged. I had a server running use both methods years ago, but it's been ages, and when I tried to do the old way, I was having issues with the dependencies.
Not sure if you have old dependencies or not, but I have to use x86 dependencies. I zipped up my entire dependencies folder contents (the one I use now for compiling) if you feel like grabbing them. (includes boost)
https://tinyurl.com/dependencies-x86
Old 03-07-2019, 04:49 AM
Lane
Sarnak

Thank you! I shall give it another go!
Old 03-30-2019, 01:35 AM
Lane
Sarnak

The dependencies above fixed the build issue. Thank you!
Old 04-01-2019, 04:45 PM
ZebossEQ
Fire Beetle

Default Error: Eqemu_server.pl

Hello,
i am sure it has been said but ... i have tried 2 differents computers and installed then uninstalled, each time i got :" MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue ...
Could i have some help please ?
Thanks in advance.
PS: i am using Win10 premium or Win10Home
Old 07-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Criimson
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebossEQ View Post
Hello,
i am sure it has been said but ... i have tried 2 differents computers and installed then uninstalled, each time i got :" MySQL path not found, please add the path for automatic database upgrading to continue ...
Could i have some help please ?
Thanks in advance.
PS: i am using Win10 premium or Win10Home
I am having the same issue and am also using Windows 10

EDIT: @ZebossEQ, I found the fix after some google fishing. Follow the instructions on this page: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-wind...dows-path.html
Old 07-07-2019, 09:29 PM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

Make sure MySQL path is set in System>advanced settings>environmental variables.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ght=MySQL+path
Old 07-16-2019, 11:49 AM
Axemaster
Fire Beetle

Hi, as someone who is not very computer literate, I downloaded the windows server files and followed the instructions to install, and am not sure if I interrupted the install, as there was a line that said "press any key to continue" but there was additional lines of text below it.. No files have appeared in the folder I was installing into, other than updates staged. I have HeidiSQL installed but cant find the folder where the file where "eqemu_config.json, shortname/longname" is located? Is there a simplier install instruction sheet for idiots lol

i have windows 10 home installed, and already run p99, ezserver and can play online but can seem to follow these instructions very well...
Old 08-05-2019, 09:25 AM
betty1
Fire Beetle

Default Does this installer still work?

Does the installer at https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/Windows-Server still work? I downloaded and ran it as admin, but keep getting the following error during the install script:

Could Not Find C:\EQEmuServer\mariadb-10.0.21-winx64.msi

I noticed that this file is NOT in the RAR file nor is it in my folder (see image):

Below is the install script log:

From what I can see it appears I am missing files, but I am not sure where to acquire them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Bettys
Old 12-08-2019, 10:27 PM
Sticz
Fire Beetle

I believe the server is running correctly, but everquest.exe looks for updates and always times-out. Is there a setting I am missing? I updated eqhost:

[LoginServer]
Host=192.***.*.**:5998

is there another client-side change I need to make? Am I supposed to use the everquest.exe or is it eqgame? Eqgame just tells me to use everquest.exe.

Thanks,

Sticz
Old 12-08-2019, 10:34 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Step 5 Here tells you how to setup client.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:06 AM
Sticz
Fire Beetle

Thank you, but this is for LAN play, that set of instructions is for connecting to one of the EQEMU servers. I am running into conflicts between the server instructions on the website and the instructions the installer tells me, basically two different IP addresses. everquest.exe never connects, it keeps looking for Sony.

Sticz
Old 12-09-2019, 09:45 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticz View Post
Thank you, but this is for LAN play, that set of instructions is for connecting to one of the EQEMU servers. I am running into conflicts between the server instructions on the website and the instructions the installer tells me, basically two different IP addresses. everquest.exe never connects, it keeps looking for Sony.

Sticz
If it's looking for Sony your eqhosts.txt is wrong or you haven't added "patchme" to the end of your eqgame.exe shortcut (described in Huppy's link). Local players will want your local IP and outside players will want your public IP.

EQEmu
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999
Public
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=101.202.111.222:5999
Can use https://whatismyip.com to find you public IP.

Local
Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=192.168.0.1:5999
etc...

If you're not using the public loginserver then loginserver 1 will be public IP and loginserver 2 will be local IP.

If you have no interest in public access then you only need one entry for local IP.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Sticz
Fire Beetle

I don't do a lot of stuff with IPs, is the local IP referenced by the IPv4 address as directed by the instructions? I did miss the patchme instructions as they were not mentioned in the instructions for LAN/Loginserver instructions, thank you.

Sticz
Old 12-09-2019, 11:07 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticz View Post
I don't do a lot of stuff with IPs, is the local IP referenced by the IPv4 address as directed by the instructions? I did miss the patchme instructions as they were not mentioned in the instructions for LAN/Loginserver instructions, thank you.

Sticz
If you open CMD and type ipconfig, the ipv4 address is your local IP. Most start with 192.168.x.x or 10.0.x.x.

If you use the link above, that is your public IP.
Old 12-09-2019, 12:59 PM
Sticz
Fire Beetle

It would help if I followed the actual instructions... I had a shortcut to everquest.exe not eqgame.exe. Strangely, when I finally got everything set-up correctly it worked like a charm.

Thank you all so much.

Sticz