Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > EQEmu Operations Center

EQEmu Operations Center Web development tools

Old 04-02-2019, 11:11 PM
sklead
Sarnak

Default EOC Connection [Guide]

Hello All,

I know there are many other posts that troubleshoot connection help when it comes to EOC as well as the wiki, but I still see a lot of posts that are asking for help. I'm hoping this helps others, as it's a process I go through any time I have issues connecting.

Step 1) Opening Ports

First, go to https://www.canyouseeme.org/ and add your IP address and make sure "Port" is 3306. If you don't know your IP you can go to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and use the IPv4 line.

If it doesn't say "Success" then port 3306 is closed!

To open your ports:

- Go to your firewall. In Windows 10 just click the Windows button in the bottom left and start typing Windows Defender Firewall.

- Right click Inbound Rules > New Rule

- Click Port > TCP & Specific local ports. Enter 3306 and click Next

- Click Allow the connection, click Next

- On the next screen leave all 3 boxes checked, click Next

- Name your rule anything you want

Now you need to open the port on your router.

- Go to your router page. This is usually 192.168.0.1 in your web browser

- It varies by the router, but find the Firewall or Ports page. Mine is under Advanced and Port Forwarding, yours may be similar

- Make sure the Type is TCP&UDP, Start and End Port is 3306

Now check https://www.canyouseeme.org/. It should say Success now if it didn't before.

Step 2) Setting Up HeidiSQL

HeidiSQL comes with the server installation, but whatever database editing program you use is what you'll need to do the following steps in.

- Open HeidiSQL and click Manage user authentication and privileges

- Click Add

- Your Username is whatever you want as well as the password. The From Host can either be % or 142.44.176.142. Using % will allow any connection whereas 142.44.176.142 will only allow EOC, therefore it is more secure, but either will work.

- Ensure you have Global privileges checked!

Step 3) Connecting to EOC

- Go to http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/login.php

- Line 1 is YOUR IP address. You can use https://www.whatismyip.com if you don't know.

- Line 2 is your database name, "peq" (no quotes) by default

- Line 3 is the username you setup in HeidiSQL in the previous step and Line 4 is the password

- Click Verify connection

And you should be in! I tried breaking this down Barney style for people who may not be technologically inclined (as I am not either). Again, Akkadius laid it out well in his post about EOC and in the wiki, but hopefully this helped someone.
Old 08-18-2019, 07:27 PM
Sintox
Fire Beetle

Great guide nice work. The only thing is when you setup HiediSQL don't put in a password. I did and couldn't login to the PEQ editor. I read this,

Create your Database User

To create your database user you will need to run the query below to create your database user:
This will allow connections only from EOC via the specified user below, you shouldn't need to change the password because you are only allowing from the EOC server

Shouldn't need to change the password so I deleted it in Heidi and was able to login.
Old 05-05-2021, 09:15 PM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

i dont see a manage user authentication and privileges option any where in heidisql can you guide me to this step with any more details
Old 05-06-2021, 06:00 AM
Keerok
Fire Beetle

Here

Heidi User Manage

If you run the query's on the EOC front page, this will set up the user in the db
Old 05-07-2021, 09:26 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

went through those steps still getting:
Cannot connect to server!
Cannot connect to database peq
could it be that under heidi the file i am opening that has the server data is listed as: unnamed\peq\

nm that idea resaved it as peq and still no joy on logging in.

figured out what you ment by a query, but what do i run the query in? just /cmd prompt or something else?
Old 05-07-2021, 09:36 AM
Keerok
Fire Beetle

You run the query from heidi,
just click on mysql, you will have a query tab in the right main window
paste into there, then run with the play button or press F9

also make sure port is open (3306) so eoc can access it
Old 05-07-2021, 10:15 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

ive got the port,open ran the query but still unable to log in to eoc 2.0

i did get a message when i tried to rerun the query about heidi not knowing where mysql is located. how do i set it to know?

error im getting is SQL Error (1396): Operation CREATE USER failed for
'eoc_database_user'@'192.99.119.164'
Old 05-07-2021, 10:16 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

i did get a message when i tried to rerun the query about heidi not knowing where mysql is located. how do i set it to know?
Old 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

error im getting is SQL Error (1396): Operation CREATE USER failed for
'eoc_database_user'@'192.99.119.164'
Old 05-11-2021, 05:20 AM
Jackal2002
Fire Beetle

ok compleatly fresh installed eqemu and got it up and running but still unable to after following the steps get a connection to eoc 2.0, are there rules as to name and password maybe i am not following the accepted rules that i dont see.

i ran the query and set up another account with a self made user name and password made sure to click global on it. entered my ip top field peq second field heidi user name and then password

i did find that according to my router the ip is 1 letter longer on the site sugested so tried the shorter version and it looked like it might logg in but then still failed...
Old 05-26-2021, 01:57 PM
Korpusftw
Fire Beetle

I'm in the same boat. Create user failed. So I ran some queries on the db and I did find that the user existed. So I moved on and ran the grants. But it still fails to connect.

I'm trying to connect to the db on my cloud server. I made sure to open the necessary port.

I also tried installing EOC on my PC. I cloned the repo, created a .env file. But docker-compose up is failing to bring up any containers. Build fails with
Code:
failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: docker.io/laradock/workspace:2.2-5.5: not found
Service 'workspace' failed to build : Build failed
I grabbed a recent peq dump, so I can find most of what I am looking for, but it's a pain. I would love to use EOC.

I created a custom db name, db user, and db password.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:03 AM
Hurb
Fire Beetle

Talking

I'm having the same issue with EOC 2.0 from Chrome Browser, with popup blocker off

http://eoc.akkadius.com/EOC2/login.php

I checked settings and ports in mysql and command line interface:

Quote:
sudo netstat -plnt

- tcp 0 LOCAL 0 127.0.0.1:3306 FOREIGN 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 626/mysqld
Quote:
MariaDB [(none)]> SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE 'port';
+---------------+-------+
| Variable_name | Value |
| port | 3306 |
1 row in set (0.001 sec)
Quote:
Create your Database User
To create your database user you will need to run the query below to create your database user:
This will allow connections only from EOC via the specified user below, you shouldn't need to change the password because you are only allowing from the EOC server
CREATE USER 'eoc_database_user'@'192.99.119.164' IDENTIFIED BY 'eoc_database_password';
GRANT GRANT OPTION ON *.* TO 'eoc_database_user'@'192.99.119.164';
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'eoc_database_user'@'192.99.119.164';
Quote:
MariaDB [(none)]> SELECT user,host FROM mysql.user;
+-------------------+----------------+
| user | host |
+-------------------+----------------+
| eoc_database_user | 192.99.119.164
| <other user> | 192.99.119.164
| xxxx | localhost

i know my external IP (amazon web services host)

i know my Database name in MariaDB (not peq and i tried that anyway just in case, my db is named differently...)

the 3306 port should be open and ready

i tried username/password combos in case i was misunderstanding but none of my users/pw work

i know im doing something wrong or missing something, maybe its even the browser.. ill post if i find my mistake
Old 09-22-2023, 07:36 PM
Adaenius
Fire Beetle

Thank you to the original poster. Struggling to get connected, finally found this, and fixed my issue. Thanks again!