Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-10-2019, 11:54 AM
detroit1102
Fire Beetle

Question Any suggestions on my ideal server

• 6 boxing
  • PBAE grinding that hasn't been nerfed/disabled
  • Stats aren't massively inflated (500000hp and such for a character)
  • PvE
  • Don't care what the "expansion" is

The three servers that initially grabbed my attention were PEQ, EQ Reborn, and TAP. I don't think you can run six clients on EQ Reborn or TAP, unfortunately.

Any other suggestions?

Last edited by detroit1102; 08-11-2019 at 08:03 AM.. Reason: Had a horribly structured bullet point
Old 08-13-2019, 08:46 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

In my opinion, the legendary Gary Gygax, founder of Dungeons and Dragons, had the right idea that I am shocked that no one has implemented. Here is what I want in an ideal server that I would financially support:

1. Allow for multiclassing up to three classes. Yes, you can use all spells, pets and armor of any of your multiclasses:HOWEVER, there are penalties: first, no boxing allowed on the server,...period. Secondly, for each additional class, there is a 20% experience penalty. Maximum number of classes for a muticlass character is 3 in total.

2. Much faster HP and mana regen; I would make each tick 2 seconds.
3. Generally much faster exp than live server. make it similar to either EQ test server or FV server.
4. Much more custom quests. They would involve assassination of specific mob(s), or killing of certain number of a type of mob etc. Other quests could be delivery quests. These should give great exp and rewards.
5. Treasure goblins potentially spawning that can be killed for treasure an/or loot or crystal drops that can be used to get special purchasable items from vendors.
5. Much faster skill gains than that of live servers
6. Everyone able to make any tradeskill items with ingredients cheaper than that of live. More and better tradeskill items
7. Daily quests found in hub
8. Easy teleport port system to almost any zone.
9. No starting faction issues by any race.
10. GM events daily that are posted hopefully giving players some notice.
11. Much faster AA gains and new and better AAs while eliminating some of the crappy AAs.
12. More solo friendly by reducing hp of mobs and their ability to summon players or create pets. However, this won't apply to raid or boss mobs.
13. More accessible vendors in hub and more NPC buffers. that can give long term buffs to players.
14. Vendors in Hub selling most spells.
15. Tradeskill vendors in hub having all ingredients for items. Also, better tradeskill items especially bows, arrows, and potions. Most tradeskill items should mean something and have worth and demand by players.
16. A good, easy to use bazaar where players can sell stuff WITHOUT having to be online. I never liked the way EQ required players to have a character available to sell the items. Why can't a bot sell these items or have access to a "vending machine" type of safe to sell items?
Old 08-13-2019, 08:50 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

I should add: PvE primarily unless players optionally elect PVP. However, special rewards for participating in PvP events.
11. No death penalty other than a 2 minute wait for rejuvination.

Optional hard core election by players that want the old EQ experience.
Old 08-13-2019, 09:08 PM
detroit1102
Fire Beetle

Thanks. Having a wishlist thread wasn't my intention though.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:18 PM
hektus
Fire Beetle

You want to play on The Hidden Forest. It is bar-none THE server for boxing lots of characters. The content is designed for that and the content is amazing and plentiful. Tons of quests, great raid progression, well balanced, lots of content at every tier... you should try it out. It's a "Legendary" server in the server list. Unfortunately it and all of its forum resources have been down for the past 24 hours, unscheduled, not sure what's going on but it'll prob be back up soon.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:17 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by hektus View Post
You want to play on The Hidden Forest. It is bar-none THE server for boxing lots of characters. The content is designed for that and the content is amazing and plentiful. Tons of quests, great raid progression, well balanced, lots of content at every tier... you should try it out. It's a "Legendary" server in the server list. Unfortunately it and all of its forum resources have been down for the past 24 hours, unscheduled, not sure what's going on but it'll prob be back up soon.
At one point (yesterday) they had a temp web page stating they ran into some unexpected system issues and were working on it. They estimated a "hopeful" 24 hours, at the time.
Old 08-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Lillu
Hill Giant

Yep, we are working on it. Unfortunately have to reinstall the game/forum host server with all the tools we use. It takes time..
Old 08-15-2019, 06:37 PM
detroit1102
Fire Beetle

I'll look into The Hidden Forest once their website is up. I don't remember it being very PBAE friendly, however.

Much love for the suggestion.
Old 08-15-2019, 07:16 PM
hektus
Fire Beetle

Wizard PBAE nukes work on THF the way that you would expect, I've done some of that with my four wizards. Having said that though, leveling and getting your AAs on THF is a cinch, the zones you level in all the way to 70 are jam packed with so much loot that you will not spend much time at all actually grinding out levels, it'll feel a lot more like just gearing up your characters and getting them ready for their first raid boss. You'll spend some time getting AA's and maybe PBAEing will help there.

If you decide to check it out /tell Program and if I'm on I'll try to help get you started.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:02 PM
detroit1102
Fire Beetle

Awesome. Will do, @hektus.
Old 08-16-2019, 02:45 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

Default I really don't like boxing

Actually, I find boxing too much work. I would MUCH prefer a server that allows limited multiclassing in the way that I suggested. I don't want all classes in one class but I do want some multiclassing available INSTEAD of boxing.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:10 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandysham View Post
In my opinion, the legendary Gary Gygax, founder of Dungeons and Dragons, had the right idea that I am shocked that no one has implemented. Here is what I want in an ideal server that I would financially support:

1. Allow for multiclassing up to three classes. Yes, you can use all spells, pets and armor of any of your multiclasses:HOWEVER, there are penalties: first, no boxing allowed on the server,...period. Secondly, for each additional class, there is a 20% experience penalty. Maximum number of classes for a muticlass character is 3 in total.

2. Much faster HP and mana regen; I would make each tick 2 seconds.
3. Generally much faster exp than live server. make it similar to either EQ test server or FV server.
4. Much more custom quests. They would involve assassination of specific mob(s), or killing of certain number of a type of mob etc. Other quests could be delivery quests. These should give great exp and rewards.
5. Treasure goblins potentially spawning that can be killed for treasure an/or loot or crystal drops that can be used to get special purchasable items from vendors.
5. Much faster skill gains than that of live servers
6. Everyone able to make any tradeskill items with ingredients cheaper than that of live. More and better tradeskill items
7. Daily quests found in hub
8. Easy teleport port system to almost any zone.
9. No starting faction issues by any race.
10. GM events daily that are posted hopefully giving players some notice.
11. Much faster AA gains and new and better AAs while eliminating some of the crappy AAs.
12. More solo friendly by reducing hp of mobs and their ability to summon players or create pets. However, this won't apply to raid or boss mobs.
13. More accessible vendors in hub and more NPC buffers. that can give long term buffs to players.
14. Vendors in Hub selling most spells.
15. Tradeskill vendors in hub having all ingredients for items. Also, better tradeskill items especially bows, arrows, and potions. Most tradeskill items should mean something and have worth and demand by players.
16. A good, easy to use bazaar where players can sell stuff WITHOUT having to be online. I never liked the way EQ required players to have a character available to sell the items. Why can't a bot sell these items or have access to a "vending machine" type of safe to sell items?
You want fries and a drink with that order ? You forgot to add tanks and rocket launchers.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:42 PM
Sandysham
Fire Beetle

Default That is my opinion

The thread dealt with what people want in an ideal server. I simply posted my wishes and suggestions. Frankly, I see nothing wrong with combining the best with EQ and that of D&D. It would make for a novel server.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:49 PM
djeryv
Hill Giant

To be fair, the thread was to help detroit1102 find their ideal server. You can start a thread for Sandysham's ideal server if you don't want to derail detroit1102's thread.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:52 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeryv View Post
To be fair, the thread was to help detroit1102 find their ideal server. You can start a thread for Sandysham's ideal server if you don't want to derail detroit1102's thread.
Ya, he already did that here : (quoted same wishlist)
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42564