Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:58 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Fuck a character wipe. I donated to get the best shit for some of my toons.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I'd think with proof of the transaction you'd get back whatever you put in, you know? I mean, you'd get items due to the fact you donated.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

This back yet?
Old 08-09-2013, 09:46 PM
iwarfare
Fire Beetle

Enigma owned that server for months until it went to shit with gear for cash and all that nonsense. And I personally know that all the scripts for posky were done and were absolutely awesome. Sucks they got too lazy and just stopped giving a shit about the server. The competition for Ikkinz brought that server to all time high populations. Good times..good times.

FU Fenken.

Love, Gimp.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:20 AM
Xatol
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbkr1ckynbk View Post
I've met many, many, great people off of Scars of Amerous. As well as many asshats(hi Razorgimp/Crabs/Spike <3). And I've been pretty busy since SoA went down last, so I haven't really gotten into another server as much as I have SoA over the years. Spider/Aerlys/Keolis/Logic(and more) have always done a really good job at what they did and provided us with a great server. Although at first, I didn't particularly like having to do evasive rotations, it actually became quite fun after awhile as in the higher end raid zones it was quite a challenge and you had to always pay attention or you could wipe the whole raid pretty easy if you weren't able to recover in 10 seconds or less heh. But hopefully all my old guildies see this message or see that SoA is coming back and still check in from time to time and we could get things rolling again the second SoA is up up . Pugly, Suki, Bloodshot, Tave, Rampage, Slipknot, Shrek, and there are at least 300+ more I'm missing that I hope return! Hope to see you all soon!

Fenken

Leader of "The Pwny Express"
An SoA guild.
Hey man! Pugly here. I may come back and give SoA another whirl if it's truly been updated to 0.8.0. Would've been back sooner, but I can't stand titanium anymore.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmannen View Post
Yeah. We fought him for 5 or 10 minutes at a time but only ever got him to 85% or so, the rest of fear we could clear no problem .. CT was just, ridiculous. Was intended as such to be a cockblock though imo, seeing as how they were too lazy to develop anymore content(i.e. finish Sky/VP). But, Ikkinz was amazing .. I loved raiding that place.
He was a rather difficult fight. I enjoyed watching people wipe on him, as I enjoyed them wiping on a raid event that I had started, a dragon with 10 mil hp, healed to full health after 2 minutes of combat, you had 5 minutes total to kill him, two complete heals, if you couldn't down him in that time, AoE wipe. Ahhhh yeah... Had like, 30 some people there trying to down him, lowest was... 5%? OR something... Was ages ago though... The best geared people were... Gone, sadly. =/
Old 08-29-2013, 05:37 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
He was a rather difficult fight. I enjoyed watching people wipe on him, as I enjoyed them wiping on a raid event that I had started, a dragon with 10 mil hp, healed to full health after 2 minutes of combat, you had 5 minutes total to kill him, two complete heals, if you couldn't down him in that time, AoE wipe. Ahhhh yeah... Had like, 30 some people there trying to down him, lowest was... 5%? OR something... Was ages ago though... The best geared people were... Gone, sadly. =/

Ha, never found that dragon, where as he at?

Far as I knew CT was the only thing with 10mill Hps, closest to that were golems with ~7.7 or some such thing.

My favorite zone on SoA by far was Ikkinz, loved raiding that.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:43 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

I think we spawned it in Dreadlands. This was about a month before he shut it down.

It was a one time GM event. xD
Old 09-14-2013, 01:58 AM
iwarfare
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmannen View Post
I'll sell you the best geared warriors on the server
You must be the guy that spent $1,000 on donor gear on that server. Lulz.
Old 09-20-2013, 01:44 AM
nbkr1ckynbk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwarfare View Post
You must be the guy that spent $1,000 on donor gear on that server. Lulz.
I always laughed at those "Pay to be ubah" people on SoA. Shit was laughable. My brother Xav said hi btw Razergay . We need to get together sometime on some server and go to SFG to argue for hours like old times haha. Too funny.

Also, I am pretty curious as to what Spider is doing. The server has been down but up on the server list for a couple? months now with 'coming back soon' next to it, I wonder if he had a surge of interest in bringing the server back when it first came up on the server list then as time went on, he gave up on it. Would be cool if he was able to post on here and post what his plans were with bringing the server back etc so we kinda knew what to expect instead of patiently waiting to see if the server is magically up one day, or it disappear from the list for good :(. Miss that server and all the great people who were on it. Met a LOT of great people there and I would lovvvvve to get a TPE(The Pwny Express) round 3 run on the server and see who all we could get back! Crossing my fingers and have been since I've seen SoA first make an appearance on the server list, that it will make a triumphant return.

It's good to see almost all of my most loyal/awesome officers on here posting, glad you guys are still around and hopefully I could get you guys back playing on SoA if it does come back and get TPE off the ground once again. And see if we can't make the guild even better than it was the first and second time and enjoy whatever Spider has planned for the server. Pugly(fu and the DT in Kithicor that one night still, lol. My brother and I were just talking about that the other day and were laughing. I still hate you for that. ), and eff'in message me back/email/text me or something you ass. Quit ignoring me haha. Shreky boy, hopefully you and all 80 of your rangers make it back, we could use the DPS haha. I'd love to get Tave back and dunno if he reads these forums or plays anymore, but I'd love to have him and his 80 some odd alts back to help keep raids smooth and fill in any spots that were needed. Guy was a powerhouse, plain and simple. Always solo'in Grummus and doing his own evasive rotations with his 4 wars and running his own mini-raid basically which no one else was able to solo Grummus and he made it look easy but it would take him over 30-40 mins to do haha, just to help a person or two to get their flags, guy was very selfless and one of the best damn guys I had ever had the pleasure of meeting on emu. Rampage, Suki, Xuanzang, Bloodshot, Jimbo, Bored, if you guys read this, hopefully Spider is on the verge of opening the server up and he's been workin on it all this time to bring us some great content and I'd love to have you all back as you guys all were what helped make TPE what it was. It had one of the greatest atmosphere's of any guild I have EVER been apart of since playing EQ since beta haha, and we were always real good at raiding and you guys helping lead the raids and keeping people informed/in line were the reasons we always did so well. But I'll end this post before it gets anymore longer than it already is, just had so many great memories on SoA and again, met so many great people there that I hope it comes back and that Spider/Aerlys can keep it going for a long long time. But alright, if you used to be in TPE and you read this, shoot me a PM on here and maybe we can get a reunion run going on another server til SoA is up, that would be pretty cool, I work a lot but we could make it happen. Hope to get bunch of PM's and see SoA up soon! Hope everyone has been well(minus razorgimp of course...jkk )and hopefully Spider gets the server done asap!

PS. I know I repeated a lot of what I already said in a previous post but SoA was a great place and it really gets me excited that it could possibly be returning. I can't wait!

Fenken - Master of the Pwnies

Leader of "The Pwny Express"
An SoA guild.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:49 AM
rdnck
Fire Beetle

still shows B 0.7.0 in my loader...I've never been able to login to it because of compatibility issues.../shrug...meh...update the damn thing or get it off preferred, imo...
Old 09-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnck View Post
still shows B 0.7.0 in my loader...I've never been able to login to it because of compatibility issues.../shrug...meh...update the damn thing or get it off preferred, imo...
This is unnecessary brutality, I myself would recommend updating to A 0.8.0, but he may have custom code that it would be too much of a pain to transfer over, also, it gives the server that nostalgic feel, taking a server off of Preferred because it's B 0.7.0 is dumb, Project 1999 is A 0.8.0 but only allows Titanium, so should they be taken off? No. I'm sure you can find a cheap copy of Titanium on Ebay or Amazon, but the harshness is unnecessary towards a returning server and is rather counterproductive to the server operator reading your post.

Too long; didn't read: Don't hate, appreciate. Get Titanium if you can, if you can't, that sucks.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:00 PM
iwarfare
Fire Beetle

Enigma > TPE

Razorgimp > Fenken

That was one long winded post. I didn't think you had the capacity to type out an entire paragraph.

j/k love you long time. No homo.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:23 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingly_Krab View Post
This is unnecessary brutality, I myself would recommend updating to A 0.8.0, but he may have custom code that it would be too much of a pain to transfer over, also, it gives the server that nostalgic feel, taking a server off of Preferred because it's B 0.7.0 is dumb, Project 1999 is A 0.8.0 but only allows Titanium, so should they be taken off? No. I'm sure you can find a cheap copy of Titanium on Ebay or Amazon, but the harshness is unnecessary towards a returning server and is rather counterproductive to the server operator reading your post.

Too long; didn't read: Don't hate, appreciate. Get Titanium if you can, if you can't, that sucks.
SoA has been off market for MONTHS now. And it's still on preferred, that's why it should be demoted. Not because of it's B 0.7.0.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:59 PM
samismallz
Fire Beetle

WOW, I've been thinking of getting back to playing EQEmu when I came upon this post regarding SoA. This is Sam the Ninja btw. I was around since the beginning of the server and one of the co-founders of Enigma. (WASSUP GIMPY!)

Anyways, I came back to the server after you guys had all left and basically brought server numbers up to as high as 60 (although 24 of those were boxed between myself and 3 others). It is also I who has contacted Spider and doing my best to try to get this server back for you guys, but apparently it is taking longer than I would like it to. Here are a few things for you to know:

1) There was an attempt to bring this server up to date with current, but it was delayed for now due to the amount of time it would take to get everything working correctly. It may (or may not) happen, but for now, the concentration is on getting the server up, not updating it.

2) As you former-players are aware, as great as the server was, there were quite a few bugs. For example, Paladin's Cleanse ability (along with doner 2hs) was creating an unfair increase in damage for Paladins. These "bugs" along with completion of Sky and VP are the changes we're pushing for most.

3) As for the "best warrior" comment, I'm not sure when you were last logged in, but before the server went down, the warrior I played with was at 10k+ AC. In fact, I was given access to Crabs (Razor, if you have his contact info, please PM it to me) and I got him up almost 10k AC. Not to mention, my rogue has around 9k AC. This was due to us being able to test Sky and VP. We kind of... found a way into both zones... and by the time we got caught, apparently Spider didn't care enough and said, what the hell, just try it out before it goes down.

Lastly, I have no idea when the server will go back up. I know this isn't a priority for Spider and none of the other former GMs are around to help. I will do my best to bug him about it, but lately he has been ignoring me on Skype, so I'm guessing the dude is pretty busy. I just wouldn't count on it coming back to full active status with frequent updates, unless someone decides to take it upon themselves to take on that burden. In any case, even if it doesn't last long, I would love to get back together with you guys and do a SoA reunion raid in Sky or VP, even if it includes Fengay and his pink ponies. (Love you, man).