Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-12-2015, 04:07 PM
Angelicus6
Fire Beetle

Default A True Solo Server?

I was thinking of creating my own server, but it looks to be a bit too complicated for me to even consider doing.

So I was wondering if there was a true solo server out there?

One with no bots, no custom zones, just tweaked mobs and gear.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:47 PM
sunbeam
Sarnak

Vengful Soloist, Envy of the Irish, Dungeon Crawl, Irreverent were all like that.

Irreverent just cut the hp's of mobs way, way down I think.

Vengful Soloist and Envy gave you bonuses based on stats to things like damage, heals, skin spells, archery, etc.

Dungeon Crawl did a bit of the stat thing too.

But all these servers are gone now, the devs got busy with other things.
Old 05-13-2015, 09:11 AM
werebat
Hill Giant

Actually, what you are describing is not difficult at all. Use the server guide to build your own server first. Then its just a matter of knowing exactly how you want your mobs and gear to be adjusted and that can be done with sqls.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:37 AM
provocating
Demi-God

I think there are plenty of solo servers. Both of mine are soloable, many have done CoN all the way to 65 solo. The real question is what your definition of soloable is. Are you wanting to be able to take down high end mobs by yourself? That changes the game mechanics a lot and trivializes the normal trash mobs to where they are one hit kills. If you are talking about a warrior being able to solo all the way to 65 then that takes way more work and trivializes other classes that are meant as true solo classes.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:29 PM
Angelicus6
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by werebat View Post
Actually, what you are describing is not difficult at all. Use the server guide to build your own server first. Then its just a matter of knowing exactly how you want your mobs and gear to be adjusted and that can be done with sqls.
I do not know how to work with SQLs though.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:31 PM
Angelicus6
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by provocating View Post
I think there are plenty of solo servers. Both of mine are soloable, many have done CoN all the way to 65 solo. The real question is what your definition of soloable is. Are you wanting to be able to take down high end mobs by yourself? That changes the game mechanics a lot and trivializes the normal trash mobs to where they are one hit kills. If you are talking about a warrior being able to solo all the way to 65 then that takes way more work and trivializes other classes that are meant as true solo classes.
I am wanting to take down high end mobs myself. I remember playing on a server many years ago called Jest3. That was a solo server that allowed you to solo everything without trivializing trash mobs.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:34 PM
Leetsauce
Hill Giant

You should look into using Akka's repack along-side his custom npc scaling system. This alone will achieve EXACTLY what I'm interpreting you to want.

You WILL have to adjust the sql-table that the npc scaling system uses to adjust mobs, but that is literally the only thing you would need to do.

Edit: This doesn't require you to run any queries inside SQL that will permanently adjust mobs either. This way you can adjust ALL mobs without adjusting them permanently in the db as Akka's npc-scaling system works off of a quest and adjusts mobs as they spawn, instead of before they spawn. In my case this was far easier because I didn't want to take away from anything that was already there. This way you can leave everything as-is intact as possible, while simultaneously addressing your desire to have a soloable server.

Feel free to log onto my server to check it out. I can run through a few scenarios with you to show you how easy and quick it is to adjust mobs on the fly without permanently changing anything about the mob inside the DB.
Old 05-13-2015, 06:37 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetsauce View Post
You should look into using Akka's repack along-side his custom npc scaling system. This alone will achieve EXACTLY what I'm interpreting you to want.

You WILL have to adjust the sql-table that the npc scaling system uses to adjust mobs, but that is literally the only thing you would need to do.
A+

This advice
Old 05-13-2015, 06:56 PM
atrayas
Hill Giant

I work on Imperium solo level duo+ raid and most of our content up through PoP can be soloed minus a few bosses. Beyond that it turns more into 2-6 players depending on your level of gear. So for nostalgia you could have fun up through pop, but god will require some help most likely.

And leetsauces advice is spot on, very easy to setup a base peq db and adjust it for solo play.