Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-02-2017, 05:35 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Default Looking for a server -"Classic" feel but EZ mode

First, thanks to everyone who is involved in setting up this project and the various servers; I could only imagine how much work is involved.

I am an old-school EMarr player who tried out EQEMU a few years ago and had a blast. I am about to jump back in and am trying to find a server that essentially is Project 1999 but with EZ mode. In other words, my dream server would be:

1. The original game and/or the first few expansions. I started playing right before Kunark was released and played through Luclin and want to "take a trip down memory lane". I don't care if the other expansions' content is on the server, but I want to fight the "original" mobs (Vox, Fear, etc.). In other words, I'd want to experience the same PoF that I played in 2001 but without the headache.
2. Higher drop rates/spawn rates - while I want to enjoy the fun of LGuk, I'd love to only have to kill the Frenzied Ghoul once or twice to get the FBSS. Super bonus points if the pre-nerf guise still drops.
3. Faster exp gain - I have two kids and a demanding job so I'd like to be able to get up to 60-65 in 3 weeks or months rather than 3 years
4. Solo/bot friendly - See #3 above. I have essentially stopped playing multiplayer games because I frequently need to go AFK for an hour or two at a time. I ideally don't want to two-box and would much rather be able to use bots. If the game was scaled to allow me and 5 bots to handle Inny or Vox that would be perfect.
5. Original graphics/spell effects - not as important as the others.

Thanks in advance for any guidance as to what server I should choose.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:17 PM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

welcome the club hahah
Old 05-02-2017, 11:27 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Here's the menu. Would you like something to drink while you wait ?

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?pageid=serverlist
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

HAHA Grumpy you make me smile!
Old 05-03-2017, 08:51 AM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Alot of servers like this. Skim the list check the view tab or website for details.
Old 05-03-2017, 10:49 AM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

I have skimmed the list, but some servers don't have a website and some of the explanations aren't clear.

I was just looking for any player recommendations based upon experience, but if I offended anyone by being a newb, I apologize. Also, if this is the wrong sub-forum to post, please let me know where I should have posted instead.

Thanks.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 AM
tdanger84
Fire Beetle

you aren't going to find any one server that meets all criteria. you have to just pick one that hast most of them and compromise with that until you get bored and try another one. thats what the rest of use do, especially those of use that don't box
Old 05-03-2017, 11:33 AM
Jahosphat
Sarnak

check out Karana. you can jump on and off.. have increased drops and bots.. alot of what you're looking for.
Old 05-03-2017, 02:13 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

Karana,imperium,casual dreams,Leetsause,raid addicts, are all solo friendly I reccomand casual dreams. Vary solo friendly classic all way to pop all classes balanced to solo anything some customized content people are helpful good starting ground. They have a site with info about the server
Old 05-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the recommendations. It is hard to tell from the various websites (especially hard to tell on Karana's) but do these rely upon "custom" content or loot? I would like to avoid those types of servers if possible. For example, if I go to Guk, I want to know that there will be a FBSS waiting for me. Likewise, I'd want to be able to start around FP and not in some weird plane that was added years after I stopped playing.

Thanks again!!
Old 05-03-2017, 03:41 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

99% of solo servers have some kinda or full custom. Karana is pretty well customized with a quest up to 3.0 epic ect. But still has nostalgia drops in most zones most servers keep this but will also add additional drops to said names ect. Casual dreams is prob only server I know if you can still play nostalgic but solo all way to quarm in planes of power. Its gonna take time not a server you will hit 65 max aa and best in slot gear in a week. Best bet jump around servers play on em see what you like everyobe has there own thing going on.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Thanks! I think I am between Casual Dreams, Visions of Grandeur, and perhaps AxClassic and will give them all a shot! When you talk about jumping around - can you move characters between servers or will I need to create new characters on each one?
Old 05-03-2017, 06:44 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

You will need to make new ones on each just like you would on live VOG is box server no bots only solo friendly if you box. AXCLASSIC is dead pretty much
Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matteo123 View Post
if I offended anyone by being a newb, I apologize. Also, if this is the wrong sub-forum to post, please let me know where I should have posted instead.Thanks.
Being a "newb" usually doesn't offend anyone, so no need for anyone to apologize for that. I did happen to notice you have been on this search
for about 7 years now ?
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31450
and again in 2011
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34310
Old 05-04-2017, 09:23 AM
Matteo123
Fire Beetle

Haha, unfortunately the friend with whom I was playing got another job and we stopped playing. Thus, I guess I am restarting my "quest" to find the right version of everquest.