Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Packetcollector

Support::Packetcollector Any PacketCollector related problems or questions should be posted here.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:08 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've done about 20 live zones so far at about 1-2 minute captures. I will share them when I get a decent collection.

One small suggestion: Having the option to add version type in the SQL create so you can capture and use those captures for different versions (Instances) for everything spawn2/objects/doors

Other than that this is phenominal.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:48 AM
Derision
Developer

Version 1.2 is up: http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...2.rar&can=2&q=

Changes:

Version field in the UI to populate the version field of any tables that have a version column.

SQL to update the zone table from values in the OP_NewZone packet, as well as to insert zone_points is automatically generated at the top of the output file, but left commented out.

The 'findable' column in npc_types is now set correctly.

Looking forward to your Dragonscale Hills .SQL, Akkadius ... never been in that zone on live, so will be interesting to see it populated

Last edited by Derision; 05-30-2010 at 12:50 PM.. Reason: Updated to point to 1.2 download
Old 05-30-2010, 09:27 AM
steve
Discordant

Awesome work, Derision! You never cease to amaze me with all of the quality work you put out. We're lucky to have you!

I can't wait until I get home from work and can start collecting! All I need to do is install WireShark and then your application to get started?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Derision
Developer

The extractor app is written using C# 2010 Express and needs .NET Framework version 4 which you can get from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netf...k/default.aspx (Click on the Download .NET 4 link on that page).
Old 05-30-2010, 11:37 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've populated about 20-25 zones from SoF to SoD. I will be more than glad to post them here. And I will continue to keep on populating.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:04 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I've populated about 20-25 zones from SoF to SoD. I will be more than glad to post them here. And I will continue to keep on populating.
Did you verify them in-game too? Anxious to see this in action!
Old 05-30-2010, 01:08 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Found a problem, spawngroup is using the npcid for its id instead of the one you specify. The funny thing is, spawnentry is using the proper spawngroupID (meaning, the one you specify, and not the npcid.) In my testing, all other IDs look to be OK.

Just a friendly word of warning, if you are building zones against the PEQ database, the program defaults often conflict with existing data, which is destroyed when you source in the output.

Nevertheless, this is the most exciting thing to come out in a long time for EQEmu in my mind.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:12 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Did you verify them in-game too? Anxious to see this in action!
Yes I did verify this, I've dumped all of them. Beauty of the program is too is that you can always recapture and redump.

Quote:
Nevertheless, this is the most exciting thing to come out in a long time for EQEmu in my mind.
I fully agree. I believe we should get together a collection of dumps and keep them posted somewhere.

Derision, I am very thankful of your contributions to this community. Likewise every other developer.

Another suggestion: Incrementing the ID's by adding a hundred or something for versions. For example, Zone 6 (Highkeep) Version 1, instead of 6000 for all the increments, have it be 6100 or something of that nature. Another thing, when you export another version, the door ID's need to increment differently, otherwise you are going to get conflicting doors. Version 1 needs to change the door ID increments to something like 1000 cause I know there are some zones with a couple hundred doors.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:12 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Just a friendly word of warning, if you are building zones against the PEQ database, the program defaults often conflict with existing data, which is destroyed when you source in the output.
What would be your suggestion in order to keep everything compatible and to be able to submit it to PEQ?

Also, this just gets doors, zone entries, NPC entries in-game. What about adding in special attacks, spells, loot, etc? What's the easiest way to help with this?
Old 05-30-2010, 02:13 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
What would be your suggestion in order to keep everything compatible and to be able to submit it to PEQ?

Also, this just gets doors, zone entries, NPC entries in-game. What about adding in special attacks, spells, loot, etc? What's the easiest way to help with this?
He did say it was just an early version, I am sure he is going to add quite a bit more to it.

EDIT: For those who want it, here are some zones that I collected, not all of them because I did some for personal.

I wouldn't say this is PEQ standard, but doors are all there, spawns, pathing for about 1-4 minutes. Merchant lists as much as possible.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ivch22
Old 05-30-2010, 02:16 PM
steve
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
He did say it was just an early version, I am sure he is going to add quite a bit more to it.
Oh, I understand that I was talking more procedurally, for submitting to PEQ. Would I need to hunt through my year+ of eqlog files and search for NPC names to find any spells they used and manually add them? Just wondering how this works?
Old 05-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavedude View Post
Found a problem, spawngroup is using the npcid for its id instead of the one you specify. The funny thing is, spawnentry is using the proper spawngroupID (meaning, the one you specify, and not the npcid.) In my testing, all other IDs look to be OK.
Hopefully that is fixed in v1.3 (just uploaded it).
Old 05-30-2010, 03:14 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

There's got to be a way we could manipulate as script to pull raw loot tables from Lucy. And modify from there.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Tricyclethief
Fire Beetle

Anyone able to get the rest or more of the sod zones? Would really love to see more sod stuff in eqemu.
Old 05-30-2010, 03:52 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricyclethief View Post
Anyone able to get the rest or more of the sod zones? Would really love to see more sod stuff in eqemu.
Working on them