Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-15-2010, 07:07 AM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

Default Solo Servers

I want to play on a server that is designed exclusively for solo play, however the most popular one (Irreverent's server) has a 3x exp gain; it's just WAYYY too fast for me. Are there any other solo servers to choose from?

There's a server that's literally called "Solo," however NPCs don't react to any items given to them, making quest turn-ins impossible. So even if that is a real solo server, I'm not touching it.

Regardless, are there any servers that match my criteria?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 AM
tmoney2983
Sarnak

i play on irreverent server, and honestly im having a blast (from the past) (i couldn't resist). i only think that the server moves too fast if you make it move too fast. i've been enjoying doing the "natural" progression of the game, going from classic era to wherever the server takes me. makes for a not only difficult task, but also enjoyable. i cut corners when i have to (f*ck Phinegal Autropos at lvl 50) but other than that its been fun. currently jumped into velious and having a blast. maybe take the time to enjoy it...
Old 02-15-2010, 02:38 PM
Xebarsis
Fire Beetle

That's exactly what I want to do, I just feel I need MOAR TIME to enjoy it.. lol. However, I might not have a choice if there is no other solo server.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:28 PM
KingMort
Banned

Stop on by Raid Addicts with more than 7 years of custom content! We have tons of solo stuff / Alternate Progression that you can engage in and the server is by no means "Instant Gratification" like many new servers and if you do ever decide to get into the Raid Scene after you make friends and join a guild then we have more than 55 raid zones to gear up in

Depending on your Gear you can SOLO many of these raids but most of them are Group and actual Raids but as time goes on and people gear up the old raids from 5+ years ago are certainly far easier for todays players than they were back then so I find people soloing that kind of stuff often enough.

Feel free to PM me here on the Forums and or send me a tell in game on my server..

King Mortenson
Owner - Raid Addicts (Fully Custom)
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Irreverent is the longest and original solo server, so its has done a lot to make sure quests/gear/challenges are in order for a character that is properly AA/Gear'ing up can succeed in each expansion.

Plus, it is pure EQLive. We don't have commands, bots, free gear, etc. You have to earn everything like usual.

But, its good to see some more gung-ho people who want to enjoy content. Want to take it slow? Then go by expansion, limit yourself. Like 1-50 must be old world(including gear!), then 50-60(and 6 AA's) must be kunark), then 60(100% AA's until you meet class) in Velious...etc...etc. Make mini-personal goals before you can move on. IT REALLY slows it down, and you get to relive things like guk and how annoying it is WITH the gear of THAT TIME.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
songie
Sarnak

Hey, maybe you should try EQ-Heroes, currently its in alpha stage and not on the login server yet but on its own login server.

The xp rate is normal and leveling faster all depends on your gear, as named mobs drop various better then live gear as Legendary/fabled/Mythical equipment. All in all it wont give the feeling that it all moves to fast while being able to have fun.

Server has just been up since yesterday and i got loads to do still, but won't hurt to try it

www.eq.cobra-games.com > download the patch for your client and on you go
Old 03-25-2010, 01:40 PM
supahsen
Sarnak

lol.. KMRA is NOT a solo server. unless your boxing 6 toons. Everyone is so anti-social.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:49 AM
imarel
Fire Beetle

I also play primarily on Irreverent's server. I've tried RaidAddicts and a few few others and I honestly found the best experience on Irreverent. The lack of custom junk and simply the ability to PLAY good old EQ without a group or a massive raid is very satisfying.

It's got its issues, but as previously mentioned, if you adjust your playstyle you can slow down your own progression.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Frosef
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xebarsis View Post
I want to play on a server that is designed exclusively for solo play, however the most popular one (Irreverent's server) has a 3x exp gain; it's just WAYYY too fast for me.
XP drastically slows down at 51 on Irreverent. I went from getting half a yellow per kill at 50 to about a blue bubble per kill at 51. Can't really say if the trend continues past 51 as I'm stopping to grind out Run-3 real quick, but it was kind of a shock how fast the XP dropped off for me.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:41 PM
madhatta317
Sarnak

Sarus solo server! Its a new server with a small population but it is getting popular fast. I am guessing it is 2x exp as it is slower than irreverent but a bit faster than live. It is alot of fun and levelling is not too fast at all! I 2box but Im sure the server could be soloed no problem. The difference between Irrev and Sarus is Sarus is not soloable, the grind is, but raids are 1-2group. Also there are bots on Sarus to help you out. Sarus is also on a progression and we just pushed into kunark. No kunark encounters have been killed yet and everyone is still levelling to 60. The first epic was just gotten recently too. Come join us!
Old 04-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Irreverent
The Solo Server

Our intent is to keep it 100% solo. Nice to see that someone developed a different flavor of our solo server, by making raids 1-group required. That adds a different challenge to the mix. Otherwise, I'd reccomend not duplicating efforts as we would welcome the staff of Sarus into ours since we've been around so long and worked out/balanced a lot of the encounters.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:58 AM
syipher
Fire Beetle

I'm thinking of duo'ing with a friend of mine. Would playing together on Irreverent be too easy if I grouped with my friend to push through the content?

Also by 100% soloable, does that imply even a none healing class such as a warrior can solo all the encounters as well?

Thanks.