Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-07-2013, 10:38 PM
rlh989test
Fire Beetle

Default **NEW** Armageddon Server

Level Cap = 85 Currently 15 expansions up to Seeds of Destruction.
Normal EXP 25% more, Group EXP 175% more, Higher level zones have increased Zone Exp Modifiers
9 Hotzones(+25%) ranging from level 1-85 , respawn timers cut in half except for last 2 zones.
2 Bots spawned at once limit with 25 bots stored per character.
Bots spells and abilities updated to level 85 with mages/necros being exceptions(working on pets)

Custom code:
INT and WIS affect damage and healing spells for PCs (hybrid classes get half bonus)
Damage mitigation scales better, much closer to live EQ.

Hotzone Bosses for all levels have chance to drop custom loot.
Over 300 custom items and growing.
New Player gear that takes the boring out of leveling, right click gate items, porters, etc.
Epic 1.0 quest in place, 1.5 and 2.0 in the works!!
No Boxing limits

No MQ allowed

Runs on 3.6 Ghz Quadcore with 16GB of ram and Soild State Drives. Emu and Database backed up nightly!!!

We strive to provide an environment that is free of hassle where you can focus on fighting, questing, or even tradeskilling if you want by yourself, with bots, or with friends!! Endgame content will likely be balanced around 12-24 man/bot groups!!

Future Storyline – The end of EQ as we know it… Try us out!!
Old 01-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Thuz989
Sarnak

Default Correction

Normal Exp is 25% percent above stock PEQ so its a .62 mod. group exp is 1.75
Old 01-14-2013, 04:22 PM
Thuz989
Sarnak

We have a website now at

http://armageddon.myeqemu.net

Changed exp rates, get the latest at website. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
kmra247
Sarnak

Nice! Good work Thuz.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:26 AM
Thuz989
Sarnak

Update -

It looks like some part of the server has been hacked, not sure how. I am at work and dont have time to assess it until later today. I just wanted to update my players. Sorry for the downtime.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:28 PM
jakalecax
Fire Beetle

Ouch, we be missing our Arm' fix, and here's hoping for a speedy recovery; my gal and I were in the middle of camping for Epic 1.0's.

Why the hell anyone would really want to ruin the fun that maybe a dozen or two players are having is anybody's guess. Not pointing a finger, but I've dealt with so many script-kiddies in the past who hang out at the exploit sites like "so-and-so-bugs" that it wouldn't surprise me if some dipshit or other did this either to drum up some traffic, or even just for spite.

If it really was hacking, rather than something else ofc...
Old 02-15-2013, 08:51 PM
WudieWudpecker
Fire Beetle

<-- Toshiaki
If it was a hacker, they could have used their time for better purposes, like the people behind the "zombie apocalypse" message over the emergency broadcast on the tv lol now that was a worthwhile endeavor.
Hoping for an easy time fixing whatever is wrong, Arm!
Old 02-16-2013, 09:32 AM
Thuz989
Sarnak

Well, here is what i know..

Badnews:
I cant trust the server, everytime i try to turn it on it tries to send out massive amounts of email spam. Antivirus keeps comingup with infections after every scan or two. The backup USB drive i had attached is either corrupt or purposedly messed with(why? i dont get it), hard to say.

Goodnews:
They did not mess with my development machine which is on another box. I saved most of the things i created for this server like gear and statements to alter npcs and spell for bots up to 85 in giant sql statements.

At this point its easiesr just to build a new server and use those sql files to build back in most content. I will be working on that but it will take days im sure.

I will post more here as i make progress..
Old 02-16-2013, 01:36 PM
jakalecax
Fire Beetle

Sigh, thanks for the updates. One realizes that right now, this forum isn't the preferred time or place for suggestions, you know, but perhaps- next compile, please consider increasing the chance to "skillup" on combat abilities and tradeskills significantly, and/or introduce a level 70+ training dummy?

Anxiously awaiting your return, Arm'

Warm Regards
Old 02-18-2013, 12:54 AM
ak48
Sarnak

While I am disappointed that the server is down and out, I am hoping for a quick recovery. I look forward to the better and stronger Armageddon!
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 AM
tywyll
Fire Beetle

<<<---- Radix (this time)

This sort of thing annoys me.... I just dont understand what someone gains from this sort of behaviour.....*boggle*.... But I am a big beleiver in Karma, so whoever it is/was wont be smiling for long.... Sapphire and I both agreed on what we thought, but anyways, we hope it is something that has not caused you too much grief and know that we are sticking by the server and await your return Think Sapph sent you a PM yesterday, after a few days we knew something was up.... just unsure what..... with the weather so bad there, we are sorta glad YOU are ok Arm.... and it was not something more serious to you or your loved ones.

Will be looking forward to seeing you all in Norrath if and when that will be.

Radix and Sapphire
Old 02-19-2013, 03:16 AM
tywyll
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakalecax View Post
Not pointing a finger, but I've dealt with so many script-kiddies in the past who hang out at the exploit sites like "so-and-so-bugs" that it wouldn't surprise me if some dipshit or other did this either to drum up some traffic, or even just for spite.

Good point.... was it spite, or was it some dipshit having what they call 'fun'...
Old 02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
ak48
Sarnak

Any update on the progress so far?
Old 02-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

If it's a small population I'd be glad to host it for you, until things got settled. it's not Akkadius hosting, but it holds 50+ decently

Old 02-19-2013, 10:22 PM
Thuz989
Sarnak

Hi,

Thank you for the support. I wont dwell on the negative much other than to say obviously i have to do backups differently(already figured out how).

I am working on putting together another server from scratch. It will stay true to the core ideas of armageddon (group content).

I wont lie it will take some time, most likely a couple weeks. All i have left over is a good portion of custom items, most/all the NPC scripts/quests, and blanket sql statements to populate npcs in alot of cases.

I DO have some new and hopefully interesting twists to add, but i wont spoil anything until its tested more. Ill update here from time to time.