Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:05 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Thumbs up Arts of Kunark

Arts of Kunark uses Akka's PEQ Repack but how are we special? Our rates are boosted; AA rate is 1.00, EXP Rate is 1.50, and Group EXP Rate is 2.00. But why care about the rates? Arts of Kunark wants our players to connect with each other in game and be able to work together to archive more together then alone.

The tutorial map has now been completely removed! Even if you try to enter from Character Creation, you will be sent home.

Where is our server hosted at? Thats a good question and we use Amazon EC2 to host Arts of Kunark. A lot of time has went into correcting smaller settings so you have a amazing experience while playing.

Are Guild wars allowed? Heck yea! Who wouldn't want to show off their bada** Guild verus others? So start collecting the best gear so you can beat other Guilds and become number one.

Any client of EQ that can connect to the login server with port 5998 can connect to Arts of Kunark but it will patch that client you are using to join so we suggest make 2 clients folders (one for us) so you can still play other servers still. No we will not give you any clients, gonna get one yourself.

Future Updates:
* Custom AoK Tradeskill
* Fixing the tutorial so you can port to PoK without logging out
* Creating custom rare class spells (some can be created from AoK Tradeskill and others will be found in zone)
* A 2nd main story-line! (Which include new books, gear *the designs of the gear will be from what is alright there*, weapons, maybe couple of zones, and new spells) *It will be a while before this*
* Increasing the level cap by 5 (The spells you would get for the increased 5 levels would be from AoK tradeskill or searching for them)
* Custom Login Server (This wont happen until a while and probably won't happen but don't worry you wouldn't lose your characters/stuff if we ever go into our own LS)

Arts of Kunark's goal is to become a server that is fun but also challenging. The problem with the live server *from my aspect of it* is that you don't access all of the great features starting in your home city does so that's why we are removing the tutorial map because everything is hand given to you.

Known Glitches:
* When camping the client will say "You have lost connection" but that is not true! just wait 30 seconds (which is camp time) then you will be back in no time

There is no limit on boxing!

No wait to return home! (default was 6 hours)

Website is in production and also a trailer for the Server....

Want to be in our trailer? Soon we will set a date that we shoot a trailer scene with our players in it

Arts of Kunark was released on 3/06/2016 and would love if you were to give us a try!

Don't want to play alone? I'm on a lot on AoK so if you wish you may join me if you are at my character level

Last edited by Asdaddy1; 03-06-2016 at 10:39 PM.. Reason: New information
Old 03-07-2016, 02:48 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdaddy1 View Post

Any client of EQ can connect to Arts of Kunark

RoF2 cannot connect.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:48 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Big question for starters. Is there a website?
Old 03-07-2016, 02:49 AM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
RoF2 cannot connect.
I believe the build for the repack is before RoF2 was introduced; however, I'm not really sure how current the build is since I don't use it.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:01 AM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
RoF2 cannot connect.
Nerdgasm what login server are you using? AoK is using port 5998 for login server.

Website and a small trailer video is currently in production.

Last edited by Asdaddy1; 03-07-2016 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: I posted this reply on my phone
Old 03-07-2016, 06:13 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Added a lot of new information about the server!
Old 03-07-2016, 07:53 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Thanks to someone who joined the server (Character name = Chosen) I have fixed the UCS so if you were trying to conenct and it disconnected it was because of UCS fixing
Old 03-09-2016, 04:31 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

*** I misunderstood the login server *** We can have host all clients... If you have any problems reply or PM me
Old 03-16-2016, 06:34 PM
sculler
Sarnak

This server lasted a long time.
Old 03-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Asdaddy1
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sculler View Post
This server lasted a long time.
If you are referring to the server being down, the server is NOT completely down! The reason i made a EQEmu Server was because of playing Project1999, and what i mean is i love how they based off their server of EQ Classic which now what Arts of Kunark is going to be. It will be like Project1999 but with more custom stuff. My idea is a classic server with custom items and quests.

So the server will be offline to players until the transformation is complete
Old 03-18-2016, 09:27 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Ah, ok. It's just weird how you had the server up for a few days and had every zone available. Wasn't sure what was going on.

Good luck with your project!