Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Misc > Misc::Off Topic

Misc::Off Topic Want to talk about something that has nothing to do with EverQuest or the emulator? Post here.

Old 04-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Randymarsh9
Dragon

Default Anti-Virus program won't open

I am using Symantec Anti-Virus as well as Malwarebytes. Somehow my computer got a lot of malware even though I haven't even gotten on it in 3 days. I am using symantec to try to clear them up, but it doesn't really do anything. Malwarebytes won't open no matter what I do though. I'll click the shortcut and nothing will happen. I even went into the program file and clicked on the .exe and it still didn't open it. Does anyone know how I can fix that? If I could just open malwarebytes I know I could get rid of all the stuff.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:07 PM
blackdragonsdg
Dragon

Programs that will launch one minute and not the next for no apparent reason is usually a registry issue. If you have Norton Systemworks, run the windoc application and it will most likely fix that problem. Trial versions of NSW09 can be downloaded directly from Symantec.com.

My NIS08 does what you stated from time to time and registry utilities always fix the problem for me.