Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-11-2019, 03:52 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,070
Default

Oh god, not again.

See y'all in 2 weeks.
__________________
"No, thanks, man. I don't want you fucking up my life, too."

Skype:
Comerian1
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:29 PM
daerath
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
Varlyndria is now available to all players. Remember this is a work in progress and many things are going to be added to it. Enjoy and have fun.
Why would I pay to play, errrr, donate, so you can shut the server down in a month or two?

I'll donate to EZ, or for the login server, or for an established server. Stick around for two years and we'll talk.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-11-2019, 06:51 PM
mjbcb0717's Avatar
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 192
Default

Eriviyn was one of my favorite servers, was sad to see it go. so i hope this server stick around i put in alot of work before just for it to die :( so looking forward to this.
__________________
Never burn the candle at both ends, as it leads to the life of a hairdresser!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-14-2019, 02:29 AM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default

Varlyndria is now running on a fast amazon VPS and the really bad lag has been completely dealt with. I am working on making this place as great as I can and I have new content on the way. Come join us on Discord by clicking my signature. Have fun.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-15-2019, 05:29 PM
Member Berries
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 15
Default

like sanctuary, great ideas and great work/quality mired by the toxic attitude and constant abrupt changes in direction offered by the owner of the server.

how long will this iteration be around?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-15-2019, 06:45 PM
lgsource1
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 37
Posts: 8
Default

You might earn back some goodwill by giving previous donors some credits on the server. You've burned some of us numerous times. You're a very talented developer who makes very good servers but you've fooled me far more than the one time I give most people.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default



More content coming soon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Zemus
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1
Default Good Luck

Will always love, adore, and miss Eriviyn. Good luck with this project, it was just wasn't my jam.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:41 PM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsource1 View Post
You might earn back some goodwill by giving previous donors some credits on the server. You've burned some of us numerous times. You're a very talented developer who makes very good servers but you've fooled me far more than the one time I give most people.

I do appreciate the compliment and I am sorry for the past servers going belly up. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had a lot of problems when I was younger and in-experienced in EQemu. Not to mention RL problems. You have a nice idea about credit to past donators, however, adding such a thing would be difficult as I don't want to share personal information on the website. I could however add the names of the characters possibly if I can find the documentation on my old computer.

I don't make these servers to just run off and quit them. As you can see, I have put hours of work into this new server and it's growing pretty fast. I want to keep things going and having more control with little stress in my life will help with that.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemus View Post
Will always love, adore, and miss Eriviyn. Good luck with this project, it was just wasn't my jam.
Zemus, this new project is in its infancy and will get better. I created that server you love and miss. I can always turn the new Varlyndria into the parts of Eriviyn you enjoyed. What do you miss about Eriviyn?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-15-2019, 11:53 PM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default

Thank you to everybody who helped in the past. This is for you guys.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-16-2019, 12:21 AM
Splose
Hill Giant
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I do appreciate the compliment and I am sorry for the past servers going belly up. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I had a lot of problems when I was younger and in-experienced in EQemu. Not to mention RL problems. You have a nice idea about credit to past donators, however, adding such a thing would be difficult as I don't want to share personal information on the website. I could however add the names of the characters possibly if I can find the documentation on my old computer.

I don't make these servers to just run off and quit them. As you can see, I have put hours of work into this new server and it's growing pretty fast. I want to keep things going and having more control with little stress in my life will help with that.

It is sad that you only use EQEmu as a piggybank you can break open every couple of years because even I enjoyed the original iteration of this project (and donated for that matter). The bolded statement is just funny when you read the other posts in this thread. Such an obvious money grab after you have upped and left so many times and your half-hearted attempts to placate people in this thread just enough so they will donate more is just slimy man.

I think if you were serious you would make a server with no donation rewards.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-16-2019, 01:11 AM
Drakiyth's Avatar
Drakiyth
Dragon
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Colorado
Posts: 529
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splose View Post
It is sad that you only use EQEmu as a piggybank you can break open every couple of years because even I enjoyed the original iteration of this project (and donated for that matter). The bolded statement is just funny when you read the other posts in this thread. Such an obvious money grab after you have upped and left so many times and your half-hearted attempts to placate people in this thread just enough so they will donate more is just slimy man.

I think if you were serious you would make a server with no donation rewards.

I appreciate what you did in the past. Come on over and talk to me. Varlyndria is here if you want to play.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-17-2019, 10:40 PM
daerath
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 92
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakiyth View Post
I appreciate what you did in the past. Come on over and talk to me. Varlyndria is here if you want to play.
"There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again."—Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-18-2019, 10:19 PM
kmra247
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 55
Default

So, over the years (2012+) you have created several servers.
From Varlyndria, to Ascension, to Eriviyn, to Varlyndria again.
The previous 3 renditions lasted 5 months, 3 months, and 2-3 months respectively.
During this time, you not only had several mental overloads and banned people, but you also made nearly $20,000 in the first month of one of your servers (the one that had a $660 Donator tier).
This all followed by and surrounded with you going incognito on your 'oslander' account to shit on Akkadius and other peoples' servers/ideas simply to promote your own.
Players have continued to support you and give you chance after chance, but when they voice their opinions in a way that is displeasing to you, they are simply banned/kicked/muted in to oblivion so no one care hear their complaints.
I believe you think you have solid ideas and know what you are doing to an extent, but you do not have the trust of most of the community, aside from loyal basement dwellers and previous donators eager to empty their wallets at your feet.

Just so none of what I said is taken to be "flaming" or "slander", here is a list links to various threads outlining the things you have said and done, as well as the longevity of your projects and the outrage of players regarding your greedy habits.

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...954#post223954
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37219
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...7&postcount=19
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35779
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37242

Here's you talking to yourself:


Thanks, just my 2cp.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3