Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:11 PM
Uleat
Developer

<bump>

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue..but, if so...

Please try compiling in full debug and run your server for a given period.

If you receive any debug assertion messages (with resulting server crashes,) please post them.

I only need a few instances of this occurring and pointing to a debug assertion as the cause of the crash.

Afterwards, you may return your server to it's original state.

Thanks!

Compilin' Dirty
Old 05-23-2015, 03:36 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Anyone ever get this one figured out? Are people still experiencing it with the latest source?
Old 05-27-2015, 01:01 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

I've honestly not checked in a while. I'll pop on and head to CoM this evening. That was one zone I always had issues with on my server.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:53 PM
Ultrax
Fire Beetle

I am having this issue with RoF2 on peq. I am in pok and tranq. zoning between will mix up who can 'see' who
Old 05-30-2015, 04:31 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Seems the problem still exist. I wonder around when this actually started popping up. Knowing when the first people started seeing it will narrow down what source change caused it.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:50 AM
vsab
Discordant

First report on PEQ was Feb 10th. Trevius commented it might be this change:-
https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/comm...55f3ca0585226c

But.. I think that change was reverted.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:03 AM
RussellMatt27
Fire Beetle

Definitely still happening out in the wild!

All my clients are using Titanium, so far its only been reported in Hate/Sky but I'd imagine it happens elsewhere too. Server is a basic 2core/4GB Win2008R2 VM, running the updated version of the Windows repack by Akkadius. I'll test with rezzing when I can later to see if that can force reproducing the error condition.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:08 AM
Demi-God

can you not see any npcs/clients at all or is it specific ones? In the older clients way back when they had the 4k spawn id cap we had to make sure the spawn id's went too high.

Most of that should be figured out in eqemu now, but that was the only reason that came to mind that *all* would be missing, simply the eq client is not parsing the bulk spawn packet correctly.
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:23 AM
RussellMatt27
Fire Beetle

I believe its only specific clients/NPCs.

I actually saw both happen in Sky the other night on the 2nd island. Another player would pull, and no one but his players (he was boxing 3 or 4 that night) would see the mob. We couldn't target/assist to get a mob target let alone seeing it. We didn't really find a way around this one.

Also had the other where a player would drop from our instance of the zone, but could still see it talking in /say. Only a camp would fix that issue.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:33 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Had a player report it last night in Crushbone and Greater Faydark. One was using SoF and the other was Titanium. Since both were non-instanced zones it did cause me some pause.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:35 AM
RussellMatt27
Fire Beetle

Just so all the info is out there - my players are also reporting an issue with manastone usage and the health loss not being shown till the next server tick, and AOE mezzes not lasting a full tick before breaking either.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:13 PM
Kayen
Developer

Quote:
So I have a peculiar issue on my server. I can zone multiple characters to a zone, but they can't see each other. They interact with the same mobs (selling to vendors shows up for all) but not each other. Camping and coming back fixes this.

The thing that's perplexing is I don't see any errors at all. Anywhere. It just randomly does this with both static and dynamic zones.

I am using the RoF2 client. Is this perhaps an issue with that? Is there something I might be missing?

Thanks.
I can confirm this is occurring on Storm Haven and I have not even updated our source since like March/April of this year.

At least in one zone I can confirm (Valdeholm) it is happening to both myself and another player (though not all players seem to have the issue).

It is not MQ related
It is not client related (Same problem on UF->ROF)
It is not script related (disabled all scripts in zone).
You can not /target the clients who you can not see with GM commands.

Though I just assumed that this was fixed in later source update and not still occuring
Old 10-13-2015, 12:19 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Anything been done in zone versioning in a while? Sounds like some kind of zone/entity_list schism.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:29 PM
provocating
Demi-God

My EqEmu source is dated back to around January 2015. No changes I have made to my source could have caused this type of behavior, nearly positive. I am changing things related to mitigation, combat, spells, etc.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:18 PM
Uleat
Developer

For reference: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...&postcount=267

That may give us a time-frame for when this actually started.

I seem to remember an issue about some changes to SoF+ appearance packs..and then it was reverted, or something?

EDIT: provocating, I think those changes were made after January 2015.

Compilin' Dirty