Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:13 AM
mitch4
Fire Beetle

Default quest based progression server that allows boxing

After seeing the new EqLive progression server, decided i really want to make a few boxing teams on a progression server. Only one i have seen so far that is quest based (so can play at my own speed) only allows 3boxing.

Is there a progression emu server that allows boxing (1 or 2 full groups) and preferably quest based advancement?

Know id box a full group at least, and 2 others in my house that would play at least a few characters.

Hell, if there a precompiled progression DB.. i'd even host my own (not a developer, so couldnt make my own)
Old 05-20-2015, 06:09 PM
sculler
Sarnak

Try ZippZipp's Funland.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:29 AM
JimB_1958
Sarnak

Leetsauce Productions.

Tons upon tons upon TONS of progression.

Features not found anywhere else like:
Player-made augments.
Quests that you will remember from live, but some have a new twist.
Epics all the way to 4.0
Lots more to come...

This server is ever-evolving into a better gaming experience and has a good helpful player base. And staff is hard working and dedicated to making this server great.

Visit the forums at http://leetsauceforums.proboards.com/
Old 05-21-2015, 02:46 PM
Riklin
Hill Giant

I've got some questions about quest based progression. Although the idea sounds interesting, wonderful in fact, in actual use, how to you prevent people from using seriously overpowered buffs that may not even be available on the current progression they are on? Worst yet, how to you prevent people from twinking lower progression characters with gear collected from characters higher up the progression? How do you prevent higher progression characters from power-leveling their lower level toons?

It seems to me that those conditions right there render a quest based progression not "equal"...

What is the intent of a quest based progression? Are you forcing people to go through expansions in order, just because, and using quests to bypass the raid mobs (a.k.a Vox and Naggie)?
Old 05-22-2015, 01:09 PM
JimB_1958
Sarnak

Guess it really all depends on what your "Vision" of Quest-based progression is, and the rules (if any) involved with the progression.

There is no set-in-stone method to creating server. Every server here is little more than someone else's idea about how things should go. Everyones perosnal playground. Some ideas are just better, or more fitting to a desired playstyle, than others.

The trick is to find a playground that you like, and enjoy it.

For me... It's Leetsauce.